A new documentary about Blockchain, in the making, called ‘Decent’ is expected to premiere in September 2019. The film, produced by Anna Konieczna and directed by Marek Osiecimski, tells the story of three different people with a strong connection to Blockchain technology. The backgrounds of these main characters and this new technology, and how it could possibly change their world for the better, are the focus of the movie. The documentary is being funded through crowdfunding and sponsorships.
According to Anna Konieczna, the idea of creating this documentary came with the proposal to receive some financing by The Golem Project.
“The first funds allowed us to start shooting in Puerto Rico. Seeing a huge potential in this subject, we started to look for sponsorships among companies whose activities are based on blockchain technology. Until now, we have succeeded in gaining funds from Golem, StreamR, RightMesh, and DaoStack. We used a Tokit crowdfunding platform for artists, to collect part of the funds we needed.” stated Konieczna.
According to the filmmakers, the Decent Documentary doesn’t just explain in an approachable way what blockchain technology is, it is also an image of the contemporary world and its biggest problems. Such as polarization between the poorest majority and the richest minority, the refugee problem, and climate change – Blockchain can appear in each of these topics and make a significant difference. With that background, the creators of ‘Decent’ focus on presenting the story of specific people who – consciously or not – interact with this new technology.
The documentary is set in different parts of the world and the makers believe that the diversification of the settings will catch the viewers’ attention from the beginning, to the last seconds.
The choice of the locations is not coincidental. From the early beginning the idea of the ‘Decent’ makers, was to base the movie on the stories of people living in different parts of the world.
The filming, done by Sebastian Strzelecki who’s in charge of cinematography, has already taken place in countries like Puerto Rico, Bangladesh, and Switzerland and is still planned to take place in locations like in Venezuela, Argentina and Brazil. Most of these places have one thing in common – they are going through or have recently been through a lot of turmoil. Together the characters tackle the biggest question in the movie: can Blockchain change the world, their world, for the better?
Marek Osiecimski explained:
“Investors from Europe or coders from the United States are as important as a Muslim minority from Myanmar or an ambitious Venezuelan who loses his own country and Brazilian activist who brings technological know-how to favelas.”
“We simply love telling people’s stories, no matter who they are, no matter where they come from!” he added.
To have a better understanding of Blockchain technology the Decent Documentary film crew also interviewed around 60 experts from around the world to deepen and truly understand the subject. Between the various interviewees, some big names appeared such as Brock Pierce, Vitalik Buterin, Santiago Siri and Sheila Warren. Even though not all 60 of them will be included in the movie, these talks enabled filmmakers to see the whole unbiased picture.
The creators of the documentary are well aware that it isn’t possible to fully get to the bottom of a topic as complex as Blockchain, however they think the diversity of the main characters as well as experts, and their different experiences with blockchain technology in different parts of the world, will make the film varied and interesting for any future recipient, while trying to explain the subject in the easiest way possible.
They are hoping that at the same time the film is also engaging and entertaining.
Backing the project could be possible through the Indiegogo campaign
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019
- With Hoard, Video Game Developers Will Now Have the Ability to Seamlessly Integrate Games with Ethereum - May 1, 2019
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design - April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency - April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Technology Expected to Grow 66.4% in next 5 Years According to MRFR Research Findings - April 8, 2019
- Japanese Trading Platform Liquid Achieves Unicorn Status through Investments from IDG Capital and Bitmain Technologies - April 8, 2019
- 105 Organizations Announce Commitment to New Blockchain Association INATBA Created by the European Union - April 6, 2019
- Start Up Energy Transition (SET) names Blockchain Company Insolar amongst Top 100 Tech Innovators - April 4, 2019