According to Dina Merkulova, Head of Trade Finance of Alfa-Bank, the merge is about to bring significant efficiencies in financing trade and working capital: “In line with our objective to offer to our clients the best trade and supply chain finance services, we are looking to leverage the newest technology, including open APIs and distributed ledger technology (DLT), to deliver end-to-end solutions, better customer experience and optimize international supply chain transactions”.
“The Marco Polo Network is the most advanced and forward-looking trade finance and blockchain technology consortium which makes it the best partner to succeed,” she added.
Alfa-Bank is one of the largest commercial banks in Russia in terms of total assets, total equity, and loan portfolio. Headquartered in Moscow, it operates in seven countries, providing financial services to over 380 thousand active corporate customers
Marco Polo offers a state-of-the-art trade finance platform for global working capital needs delivering risk mitigation solutions around payment commitments, receivables financing and factoring solutions. The platform is powered by R3, an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries, using Corda blockchain technology and open Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) purpose-built for the global trade ecosystem.
It allows banks to easily integrate into trade orchestrations bringing in ERP, procure to pay, logistics, payment, and insurance data real-time into the transactions.
Daniel Cotti, Managing Director, Center of Excellence, Banking & Trade for the Marco Polo Network mentioned that there are exciting times ahead for Marco Polo. “The network is growing at an accelerating pace and benefits from the vision and wealth of expertise brought by the leading institutions joining the consortium”.
Cotti is delighted to welcome Alfa-Bank as one of the major Russian banks, which he calls a key financial institution in Europe further expanding the reach of Marco Polo’s network.
David E. Rutter, CEO of R3 said: “The trade finance infrastructure that institutions rely on to do business are in need of an upgrade. By utilizing cutting-edge blockchain technology, the Marco Polo initiative will improve efficiency and transparency while offering Alfa-Bank access to a wide range of trade finance solutions.”
- ConsenSys and WWF Panda Labs Team up on Project Impactio To Drive and Fund Social Innovation - October 2, 2019
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019