According to Dina Merkulova, Head of Trade Finance of Alfa-Bank, the merge is about to bring significant efficiencies in financing trade and working capital: “In line with our objective to offer to our clients the best trade and supply chain finance services, we are looking to leverage the newest technology, including open APIs and distributed ledger technology (DLT), to deliver end-to-end solutions, better customer experience and optimize international supply chain transactions”.
“The Marco Polo Network is the most advanced and forward-looking trade finance and blockchain technology consortium which makes it the best partner to succeed,” she added.
Alfa-Bank is one of the largest commercial banks in Russia in terms of total assets, total equity, and loan portfolio. Headquartered in Moscow, it operates in seven countries, providing financial services to over 380 thousand active corporate customers
Marco Polo offers a state-of-the-art trade finance platform for global working capital needs delivering risk mitigation solutions around payment commitments, receivables financing and factoring solutions. The platform is powered by R3, an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries, using Corda blockchain technology and open Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) purpose-built for the global trade ecosystem.
It allows banks to easily integrate into trade orchestrations bringing in ERP, procure to pay, logistics, payment, and insurance data real-time into the transactions.
Daniel Cotti, Managing Director, Center of Excellence, Banking & Trade for the Marco Polo Network mentioned that there are exciting times ahead for Marco Polo. “The network is growing at an accelerating pace and benefits from the vision and wealth of expertise brought by the leading institutions joining the consortium”.
Cotti is delighted to welcome Alfa-Bank as one of the major Russian banks, which he calls a key financial institution in Europe further expanding the reach of Marco Polo’s network.
David E. Rutter, CEO of R3 said: “The trade finance infrastructure that institutions rely on to do business are in need of an upgrade. By utilizing cutting-edge blockchain technology, the Marco Polo initiative will improve efficiency and transparency while offering Alfa-Bank access to a wide range of trade finance solutions.”
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019
- With Hoard, Video Game Developers Will Now Have the Ability to Seamlessly Integrate Games with Ethereum - May 1, 2019
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design - April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency - April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Technology Expected to Grow 66.4% in next 5 Years According to MRFR Research Findings - April 8, 2019
- Japanese Trading Platform Liquid Achieves Unicorn Status through Investments from IDG Capital and Bitmain Technologies - April 8, 2019
- 105 Organizations Announce Commitment to New Blockchain Association INATBA Created by the European Union - April 6, 2019
- Start Up Energy Transition (SET) names Blockchain Company Insolar amongst Top 100 Tech Innovators - April 4, 2019