Insolar, a global technology company building innovative public and private blockchain solutions, just launched the Testnet 1.1 of its blockchain platform by making use of external nodes in its network. A number of corporate and academic partners have already reserved their nodes, including several bluechip companies and top tier academic institutions. The Swiss technical University ETH Zurich and Toronto’s York University will be participating.
The launch of the Testnet 1.1 coincides with recent improvements in the performance of the Insolar platform. The fixes and enhancements have allowed the network throughput to increase to over 19,000 transactions per second on just 20 nodes. As an example, Paypal can only handle 193 transactions per second.
Insolar, the company that calls itself the most secure, flexible and scalable blockchain for business, successfully launched its Testnet 1.0 in Juanuary this year, with a throughput of over 10,000 transactions per second on 20 nodes. During Testnet 1.0, all the participating nodes were hosted internally by Insolar.
Since Insolar’s platform is linearly scalable, each new active network node added to the network allows for the platform’s speed to increase. This makes the speed at which the platform can perform practically unlimited. The significance is decisive: in earlier generations of blockchain transaction speed typically becomes slower when more nodes join the network.
With its unrivaled scalability, Insolar has set a valuable milestone for achieving widespread enterprise adoption of blockchain, a technology which can revolutionize the way the world does business. Gartner predicts that in the near future, 20% of global economic infrastructure will be running on blockchain-based systems, which will add a colossal US $3.2 trillion in annual business value.
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019