The massive fund has been working on its technical and operational capabilities needed for securing, trading and supporting digital assets with the exacting oversight required by institutional investors.
A recent tweet from Fidelity shows that they are onboarding clients as of last week.
We are live with a select group of eligible clients and will continue rolling out slowly. Our solutions are focused on the needs of hedge funds, family offices, pensions, endowments, other institutional investors. More on our project: https://t.co/EkJ2pWJt2Y DCBlockchain
— Fidelity Digital Assets (@DigitalAssets) March 7, 2019
2019 looks to be the year of mainstream crypto adoption, looking at the many moves this year in the enterprise blockchain sector, particularly in supply-chain and loyalty programmes. In terms of fund-raising, real estate is very hot in the STO arena.
Walmart is forcing its entire supplier network on the blockchain by end of 2019 for its supply chain logistics. And they are in a consortium with Dole, Nestle, Kroger, Tyson, Unilever, Golden State Foods, McCormick & Co., Carrefour et al.
Loyalty Go-Ahead Group Plc, Go-Ahead, a FTSE 250-listed rail company that runs over a billion passenger journeys per year on their bus and rail services and a major public transport provider in the United Kingdom, is partnering with blockchain startup DOVU to launch a tokenized, blockchain-based rewards system for its customers.
Singapore Airlines launched KrisPay, which allows members to transfer their KrisFlyer points to partner merchants using a digital wallet that can be accessed in real-time.
American Express is also capitalizing on the transferability of blockchain to enable merchants to tie American Express reward points into their own products. Under that umbrella, online wholesaler Boxed is the first merchant to test the blockchain-based rewards.
Chanticleer Holdings, which owns burger restaurants like American Burger Co., BGR and a handful of Hooters restaurants, wants to empower customers to redeem Merit, its reward cryptocurrency, at any of their brands or trade them with friends.
Tokyo-based e-commerce giant Rakuten issued its own rewards coin convertible to cash. Hewlett Packard Enterprise is trying to figure out how to make tokens work for gas-station rewards. etc.
Bear market to bull market in 2019? It’s looking good.
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019