The massive fund has been working on its technical and operational capabilities needed for securing, trading and supporting digital assets with the exacting oversight required by institutional investors.
A recent tweet from Fidelity shows that they are onboarding clients as of last week.
We are live with a select group of eligible clients and will continue rolling out slowly. Our solutions are focused on the needs of hedge funds, family offices, pensions, endowments, other institutional investors. More on our project: https://t.co/EkJ2pWJt2Y DCBlockchain
— Fidelity Digital Assets (@DigitalAssets) March 7, 2019
2019 looks to be the year of mainstream crypto adoption, looking at the many moves this year in the enterprise blockchain sector, particularly in supply-chain and loyalty programmes. In terms of fund-raising, real estate is very hot in the STO arena.
Walmart is forcing its entire supplier network on the blockchain by end of 2019 for its supply chain logistics. And they are in a consortium with Dole, Nestle, Kroger, Tyson, Unilever, Golden State Foods, McCormick & Co., Carrefour et al.
Loyalty Go-Ahead Group Plc, Go-Ahead, a FTSE 250-listed rail company that runs over a billion passenger journeys per year on their bus and rail services and a major public transport provider in the United Kingdom, is partnering with blockchain startup DOVU to launch a tokenized, blockchain-based rewards system for its customers.
Singapore Airlines launched KrisPay, which allows members to transfer their KrisFlyer points to partner merchants using a digital wallet that can be accessed in real-time.
American Express is also capitalizing on the transferability of blockchain to enable merchants to tie American Express reward points into their own products. Under that umbrella, online wholesaler Boxed is the first merchant to test the blockchain-based rewards.
Chanticleer Holdings, which owns burger restaurants like American Burger Co., BGR and a handful of Hooters restaurants, wants to empower customers to redeem Merit, its reward cryptocurrency, at any of their brands or trade them with friends.
Tokyo-based e-commerce giant Rakuten issued its own rewards coin convertible to cash. Hewlett Packard Enterprise is trying to figure out how to make tokens work for gas-station rewards. etc.
Bear market to bull market in 2019? It’s looking good.
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019