The massive fund has been working on its technical and operational capabilities needed for securing, trading and supporting digital assets with the exacting oversight required by institutional investors.
A recent tweet from Fidelity shows that they are onboarding clients as of last week.
We are live with a select group of eligible clients and will continue rolling out slowly. Our solutions are focused on the needs of hedge funds, family offices, pensions, endowments, other institutional investors. More on our project: https://t.co/EkJ2pWJt2Y DCBlockchain
— Fidelity Digital Assets (@DigitalAssets) March 7, 2019
2019 looks to be the year of mainstream crypto adoption, looking at the many moves this year in the enterprise blockchain sector, particularly in supply-chain and loyalty programmes. In terms of fund-raising, real estate is very hot in the STO arena.
Walmart is forcing its entire supplier network on the blockchain by end of 2019 for its supply chain logistics. And they are in a consortium with Dole, Nestle, Kroger, Tyson, Unilever, Golden State Foods, McCormick & Co., Carrefour et al.
Loyalty Go-Ahead Group Plc, Go-Ahead, a FTSE 250-listed rail company that runs over a billion passenger journeys per year on their bus and rail services and a major public transport provider in the United Kingdom, is partnering with blockchain startup DOVU to launch a tokenized, blockchain-based rewards system for its customers.
Singapore Airlines launched KrisPay, which allows members to transfer their KrisFlyer points to partner merchants using a digital wallet that can be accessed in real-time.
American Express is also capitalizing on the transferability of blockchain to enable merchants to tie American Express reward points into their own products. Under that umbrella, online wholesaler Boxed is the first merchant to test the blockchain-based rewards.
Chanticleer Holdings, which owns burger restaurants like American Burger Co., BGR and a handful of Hooters restaurants, wants to empower customers to redeem Merit, its reward cryptocurrency, at any of their brands or trade them with friends.
Tokyo-based e-commerce giant Rakuten issued its own rewards coin convertible to cash. Hewlett Packard Enterprise is trying to figure out how to make tokens work for gas-station rewards. etc.
Bear market to bull market in 2019? It’s looking good.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019