PUBLIQ, a global non-profit peer-to-peer distributed network that was founded to rebuild trust in media, was selected finalist by the UK All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Blockchain for its 2019 showcase of companies solving real-world problems with fully functioning Blockchain technology. Among the ten company and institution finalists, PUBLIQ was the only Blockchain application in the media category.
The UK media landscape has suffered ongoing newsroom retrenchment alongside the magnitude of the spread of fake news. According to a 2018 study by the National Union of Journalists, more than 200 local papers have closed in the UK in just over a decade, leaving 58 percent of the country without a daily or regional news source. In a study examining the UK’s most trusted news sources, only 25 percent of respondents said they totally or tend to trust sites like Facebook and Twitter, with less than half trusting online news and news magazines.
To combat those challenges, PUBLIQ created a global publishing platform that functions on proprietary Blockchain. It provides independent authors a decentralized environment for content publishing to earn money for their work, in addition to peer-reviewing content. PUBLIQ redistributes 100 percent of the advertising revenue to its members, and safeguards identities and IP rights of members, guaranteeing that usage of the content fairly benefits its creator.
“We are grateful to be recognized by APPG Blockchain as it offers the UK pragmatic solutions to challenges across industries, which the media landscape desperately needs,” said Dr. Christian de Vartavan, Advisor & Global Ambassador of PUBLIQ. “Our blockchain publishing platform is empowering journalists to work for fair earnings, without the middlemen, and ultimately provides transparency to the publishing process that hopefully will help deter the spread of fake news.”
APPG Blockchain was established in January 2018 to ensure the UK is a leader in blockchain technology innovation and implementation. The 2019 Showcase competition selected companies that demonstrate real use of Blockchain technology in society to combat business challenges and to show the benefits of its application.
- ConsenSys and WWF Panda Labs Team up on Project Impactio To Drive and Fund Social Innovation - October 2, 2019
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019