PUBLIQ, a global non-profit peer-to-peer distributed network that was founded to rebuild trust in media, was selected finalist by the UK All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Blockchain for its 2019 showcase of companies solving real-world problems with fully functioning Blockchain technology. Among the ten company and institution finalists, PUBLIQ was the only Blockchain application in the media category.
The UK media landscape has suffered ongoing newsroom retrenchment alongside the magnitude of the spread of fake news. According to a 2018 study by the National Union of Journalists, more than 200 local papers have closed in the UK in just over a decade, leaving 58 percent of the country without a daily or regional news source. In a study examining the UK’s most trusted news sources, only 25 percent of respondents said they totally or tend to trust sites like Facebook and Twitter, with less than half trusting online news and news magazines.
To combat those challenges, PUBLIQ created a global publishing platform that functions on proprietary Blockchain. It provides independent authors a decentralized environment for content publishing to earn money for their work, in addition to peer-reviewing content. PUBLIQ redistributes 100 percent of the advertising revenue to its members, and safeguards identities and IP rights of members, guaranteeing that usage of the content fairly benefits its creator.
“We are grateful to be recognized by APPG Blockchain as it offers the UK pragmatic solutions to challenges across industries, which the media landscape desperately needs,” said Dr. Christian de Vartavan, Advisor & Global Ambassador of PUBLIQ. “Our blockchain publishing platform is empowering journalists to work for fair earnings, without the middlemen, and ultimately provides transparency to the publishing process that hopefully will help deter the spread of fake news.”
APPG Blockchain was established in January 2018 to ensure the UK is a leader in blockchain technology innovation and implementation. The 2019 Showcase competition selected companies that demonstrate real use of Blockchain technology in society to combat business challenges and to show the benefits of its application.
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design - April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency - April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Technology Expected to Grow 66.4% in next 5 Years According to MRFR Research Findings - April 8, 2019
- Japanese Trading Platform Liquid Achieves Unicorn Status through Investments from IDG Capital and Bitmain Technologies - April 8, 2019
- 105 Organizations Announce Commitment to New Blockchain Association INATBA Created by the European Union - April 6, 2019
- Start Up Energy Transition (SET) names Blockchain Company Insolar amongst Top 100 Tech Innovators - April 4, 2019
- Bitwise Asset Management report Claims 95% of Bitcoin Trading Volumes are Fake, Overstating True Size of the Market - March 30, 2019
- Flipside Crypto’s Release of the FCAS25 Mechanism Shows Health of Crypto Industry has been on the Rise through 2018/19. - March 29, 2019
- Digix is launching DigixDao Platform, Joining Ranks of Pioneering Decentralised Autonomous Organisations in Singapore - March 28, 2019
- Quedex on Brink of Becoming World’s First Regulated Crypto-Centric Futures and Options Exchange, after in-principle Decision from GFSC - March 27, 2019
- Ugandan Orphanage able to Sustain Itself through Cryptocurrency Donations from Listeners of National Radio Show - March 26, 2019
- Blockchain-based Entertainment Platform ‘Blue Baikal’ opens Pre-Registration Event Connecting Producers, Influencers and Consumers - March 26, 2019
- French Crypto-Friendly Pacte Law Passes Second Reading in National Assembly, Senate Next - March 25, 2019
- Bamboo Capital Partners, Government of Togo and Moeda Seeds Bank Join to Launch the Bloc fund to Consolidate Social Development - March 25, 2019
- Western Union Joins Stellar Partner Thunes to Use Blockchain to Speed Up Transfers - March 25, 2019
- Dragonchain Announces Partnership with Humanitarian Organization M2030, Facilitating Donation Processes with Blockchain to Fight Malaria - March 21, 2019