Ahead of its planned London IPO, the Sumner Group plans to offer the Middle East’s largest STO to date for up to $100mln which will fund Sumner Group Holdings regional and global activities.
David Sumner, Chairman & CEO of SGH said:
“This is an exciting moment for Sumner Global and Sumner Group Holdings. This fundraise will allow us to strengthen our portfolio companies and execute our growth strategy throughout the region and globally. We are very grateful to our cornerstone investors for their participation.
“Security Token Offerings are a far cry from the days of ICO’s. Investors in the SGHX STO will receive tokens that are digitally programmed, and asset backed through a combination of public and private companies. Prior to any public sale launch, the tokens will be verified as fully compliant with regulations enforced by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
“In launching this STO, we are offering potential investors access to a digital asset backed by a diversified portfolio of natural resources, building materials, digital media and healthcare recruitment companies. Security backed by real assets.”
The company is raising funding through its Singapore-registered subsidiary, Sumner Global, which will sell the SGHX token. Abu Dhabi investors Blue Rock Capital and Blue Stone Capital representing Khalifa Hasan Ali Saleh Al Hammadi have signed intentions of $10 million each, the company said in a statement.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019