A coalition of leading blockchain organizations including Bittrex International, Brave, Uphold, Cred, Blockchain at Berkeley, and CertiK, called The Universal Protocol Alliance plan to launch the Universal Euro (UPEUR) in April, 2019.
The Universal Euro is a Euro-pegged stablecoin that will be available directly on Uphold and participating exchanges will allow customers using CredEarn to earn interest on their stablecoin. It will also be accepted with industry-leading crypto custodians and device providers such as BitGo and Ledger.
The Universal Protocol Platform will allow for the minting, custody, and storage of digital ‘proxy’ assets that allow for better digital asset products, and the introduction of a set of safeguards required for the mainstream adoption of cryptocurrency.
“The Universal Euro offers access to a high rate of return and the same commitment to code quality, investor safeguards, and transparency. UPEUR is architected with institutional-level security in mind and designed to allow for quick, low-cost conversion of UPEUR to fiat currencies, UPUSD, UPBTC or other digital assets. We’re thrilled to make this stablecoin available in the near future,” said Dan Schatt, Co-founder of the Universal Protocol Alliance and Cred.
The Universal Protocol Alliance: Mass Adoption Through Collaboration
The Universal Protocol (UP) Alliance is a growing coalition of some of the most respected organizations in the world of blockchain that have united around a new universal transparent reserve standard that aims to attract the next 100 million users to cryptocurrency. The combined expertise of each member organization has enabled the Universal Protocol Platform to create unique digital currency products designed to appeal to mainstream users on a massive scale.
The Universal Euro: Transparency, Low Fees, and Returns
The Universal Euro stablecoin is aimed at users looking to keep their assets in Euros, and those looking for low volatility and a competitive annual rate of return. In countries with high inflation or limited access to traditional banking, users can now lend their Euro-pegged assets and earn interest. To earn a return, users in eligible jurisdictions will be able to stake their UPEUR via the CredEarn application on Uphold. UPEUR provides a transparent and secure way for users to store their digital assets held on a 1:1 basis.
The technology underlying the UP Platform also enables the Universal Euro to inherit some unique attributes, including:
- Key recovery: users can recover funds should they lose their Private Keys. The key will be split into multiple shares and the corresponding address embedded into the wallet. When two out of three constituents (wallet owner and one of the third parties) agree to recover the shares, the assets can be ‘called’ from the lost wallet.
- Inheritability: users can nominate beneficiaries who may ‘call’ the assets after prolonged account dormancy. The exact period of dormancy and the address will be configured during wallet instantiation.
- Detachability: users can ‘delegate’ control over their assets to a centralized exchange in order to facilitate a temporary trading session. After a session, the user can immediately take back custody and hold them in the safety of their private wallet.
- Dynamic code generation: The Universal Protocol Platform employs smart contracts to generate tokens in a generic fashion. If you trust one UP token instantiation, you can trust the code integrity of all UP token instantiations since the underlying code is dynamically generated in the same manner.
“The Universal Euro is part of a family of tokenized digital assets we have introduced that will facilitate the instant and seamless conversion of different forms of value,” said JP Thieriot, CEO of Uphold. “In doing so, the UP Platform will unlock the vast and untapped full potential of blockchain to transform how individuals and businesses store and transfer value, with Universal Tokens representing the next generation of digital money.”
Learn more at: www.universalprotocol.io
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019