SM@RT, a US Blockchain-based Sustainable Economic Development Company, has announced the prelaunch of SM@RT BARBADOS which will seek to finance, via a Security Token Offering (STO), the execution of major development projects in Barbados across 20 different sectors, implementing the advanced technologies of the participating consortium companies. The STO will be in several stages, and will allow international “accredited investors” to purchase “Revenue Share Token” securities tied to specific sectoral development projects.
This new strategic initiative has two purposes. It will introduce into Barbados the first, fully eco-designed and sustainable properties, for development and investment. It is also formulated to accelerate the economic recovery of the island-nation, after a decade of economic decline and international financial rating downgrades. Facing increased competition, limited foreign exchange reserves and a national debt burden in excess of GDP, the road to recovery for Barbados’ economy appeared to be a long and painful one for its citizens. SM@RT says they intend to change that.
The initiative brings together a global consortium of technology solution companies from diverse economic sectors, including Renewable Energy, Transportation and Aquaculture. These companies are committed to leveraging their new and innovative tech solutions, to drive faster economic growth in Barbados, by attracting a minimum of US$1 Billion in foreign direct investment for development projects over ten years.
As explained by Robin Belle, a social enterprise/technology entrepreneur, Blockchain advocate and architect of the initiative:
“It takes a highly strategic and creative approach, to dramatically transform a country’s economic performance and international standing in the short to medium term. It requires major buy-in and coordinated action by multiple stakeholder groups locally and internationally.” Belle, a citizen of Barbados, is Founder and CEO of SM@RT, the US company behind the initiative.
In its thrust to Revitalize Economic Activity on the island, SM@RT will lead a Utility Voucher OfferingTM (UVO™), which is a Barbados Crowdfunding/Marketing Campaign with the promotional theme #BuildBarbadosBack. It involves the global sale of Digital Gift Vouchers to Barbadians and visitors to Barbados, who love Barbados and want to play their part in supporting the island’s economic transformation.
Visit the official initiative website at https://www.smartbarbados.com
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
Also published on Medium.