[email protected], a US Blockchain-based Sustainable Economic Development Company, has announced the prelaunch of [email protected] BARBADOS which will seek to finance, via a Security Token Offering (STO), the execution of major development projects in Barbados across 20 different sectors, implementing the advanced technologies of the participating consortium companies. The STO will be in several stages, and will allow international “accredited investors” to purchase “Revenue Share Token” securities tied to specific sectoral development projects.
This new strategic initiative has two purposes. It will introduce into Barbados the first, fully eco-designed and sustainable properties, for development and investment. It is also formulated to accelerate the economic recovery of the island-nation, after a decade of economic decline and international financial rating downgrades. Facing increased competition, limited foreign exchange reserves and a national debt burden in excess of GDP, the road to recovery for Barbados’ economy appeared to be a long and painful one for its citizens. [email protected] says they intend to change that.
The initiative brings together a global consortium of technology solution companies from diverse economic sectors, including Renewable Energy, Transportation and Aquaculture. These companies are committed to leveraging their new and innovative tech solutions, to drive faster economic growth in Barbados, by attracting a minimum of US$1 Billion in foreign direct investment for development projects over ten years.
As explained by Robin Belle, a social enterprise/technology entrepreneur, Blockchain advocate and architect of the initiative:
“It takes a highly strategic and creative approach, to dramatically transform a country’s economic performance and international standing in the short to medium term. It requires major buy-in and coordinated action by multiple stakeholder groups locally and internationally.” Belle, a citizen of Barbados, is Founder and CEO of [email protected], the US company behind the initiative.
In its thrust to Revitalize Economic Activity on the island, [email protected] will lead a Utility Voucher OfferingTM (UVO™), which is a Barbados Crowdfunding/Marketing Campaign with the promotional theme #BuildBarbadosBack. It involves the global sale of Digital Gift Vouchers to Barbadians and visitors to Barbados, who love Barbados and want to play their part in supporting the island’s economic transformation.
Visit the official initiative website at https://www.smartbarbados.com
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019
- China’s LiveDAO To Tap 5G Tech for Live Broadcasting - August 8, 2019
Also published on Medium.