[email protected], a US Blockchain-based Sustainable Economic Development Company, has announced the prelaunch of [email protected] BARBADOS which will seek to finance, via a Security Token Offering (STO), the execution of major development projects in Barbados across 20 different sectors, implementing the advanced technologies of the participating consortium companies. The STO will be in several stages, and will allow international “accredited investors” to purchase “Revenue Share Token” securities tied to specific sectoral development projects.
This new strategic initiative has two purposes. It will introduce into Barbados the first, fully eco-designed and sustainable properties, for development and investment. It is also formulated to accelerate the economic recovery of the island-nation, after a decade of economic decline and international financial rating downgrades. Facing increased competition, limited foreign exchange reserves and a national debt burden in excess of GDP, the road to recovery for Barbados’ economy appeared to be a long and painful one for its citizens. [email protected] says they intend to change that.
The initiative brings together a global consortium of technology solution companies from diverse economic sectors, including Renewable Energy, Transportation and Aquaculture. These companies are committed to leveraging their new and innovative tech solutions, to drive faster economic growth in Barbados, by attracting a minimum of US$1 Billion in foreign direct investment for development projects over ten years.
As explained by Robin Belle, a social enterprise/technology entrepreneur, Blockchain advocate and architect of the initiative:
“It takes a highly strategic and creative approach, to dramatically transform a country’s economic performance and international standing in the short to medium term. It requires major buy-in and coordinated action by multiple stakeholder groups locally and internationally.” Belle, a citizen of Barbados, is Founder and CEO of [email protected], the US company behind the initiative.
In its thrust to Revitalize Economic Activity on the island, [email protected] will lead a Utility Voucher OfferingTM (UVO™), which is a Barbados Crowdfunding/Marketing Campaign with the promotional theme #BuildBarbadosBack. It involves the global sale of Digital Gift Vouchers to Barbadians and visitors to Barbados, who love Barbados and want to play their part in supporting the island’s economic transformation.
Visit the official initiative website at https://www.smartbarbados.com
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
Also published on Medium.