The Stealth R&D team has rolled out a new system that they say, fairly recognizes and rewards transaction validators on the Stealth blockchain.
Stealth Quantum Proof-of-Stake (qPoS) has a unique approach to transaction validation, the core functionality of any blockchain system. Using XST, (Stealth’s native currency), transaction validators purchase their rights to process transactions and collect rewards for doing so.
These rights are tokenized as Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) called “stakers”, each of which is given specific slots in a schedule of block validation.
“Stealth is the first blockchain system to have scheduled validators that are purchased”, explained Dr. James Stroud, co-founder and lead developer of Stealth. “Unlike other scheduled block validation systems like BitShares, Lisk, and Eos, Stealth’s reputation system means that chain trust and block rewards are truly meritorious and based purely on objective performance statistics, uninfluenced by the whims of powerful stakeholders.”
Stealth qPoS also has a novel reputation system for stakers. As stakers sign blocks according to the schedule, they accrue a reputation score called “staker weight”. Weight increases with the square root of the net number of blocks a staker has validated, where “net blocks” means the number of blocks validated minus the number of blocks missed in the schedule. Stakers earn increased rewards proportional to weight. Typically, the more blocks a staker signs, the more it will earn for each block. Additionally, stakers with more weight are considered more trustworthy, and they influence chain trust also proportional to their weight.
Stealth Quantum Proof-of-Stake (qPoS), currently in testnet, the team says, is the fastest cryptographically private digital currency possible and is an economic-driven consensus mechanism that provides privacy using state of the art cryptography in combination with streamlined blockchain execution. Stealth’s qPoS addresses many of the current concerns about slow confirmation times that exist with other blockchain technologies, especially privacy coins.
The Stealth blockchain was launched in 2014 and quickly recognized for its StealthText technology. QPoS extends Stealth’s history of blockchain innovations, fusing two different types of blockchain ledgers to improve privacy, speed, and throughput.
Stealth R&D will be presenting an exclusive presentation on the new Quantum Proof-of-Stake technology and their reputation system for stakers at the upcoming Consensus conference in New York in May.
Stealth R&D LLC is a registered Delaware (USA) limited liability corporation. For more information visit https://stealth.org/
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
Also published on Medium.