The Stealth R&D team has rolled out a new system that they say, fairly recognizes and rewards transaction validators on the Stealth blockchain.
Stealth Quantum Proof-of-Stake (qPoS) has a unique approach to transaction validation, the core functionality of any blockchain system. Using XST, (Stealth’s native currency), transaction validators purchase their rights to process transactions and collect rewards for doing so.
These rights are tokenized as Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) called “stakers”, each of which is given specific slots in a schedule of block validation.
“Stealth is the first blockchain system to have scheduled validators that are purchased”, explained Dr. James Stroud, co-founder and lead developer of Stealth. “Unlike other scheduled block validation systems like BitShares, Lisk, and Eos, Stealth’s reputation system means that chain trust and block rewards are truly meritorious and based purely on objective performance statistics, uninfluenced by the whims of powerful stakeholders.”
Stealth qPoS also has a novel reputation system for stakers. As stakers sign blocks according to the schedule, they accrue a reputation score called “staker weight”. Weight increases with the square root of the net number of blocks a staker has validated, where “net blocks” means the number of blocks validated minus the number of blocks missed in the schedule. Stakers earn increased rewards proportional to weight. Typically, the more blocks a staker signs, the more it will earn for each block. Additionally, stakers with more weight are considered more trustworthy, and they influence chain trust also proportional to their weight.
Stealth Quantum Proof-of-Stake (qPoS), currently in testnet, the team says, is the fastest cryptographically private digital currency possible and is an economic-driven consensus mechanism that provides privacy using state of the art cryptography in combination with streamlined blockchain execution. Stealth’s qPoS addresses many of the current concerns about slow confirmation times that exist with other blockchain technologies, especially privacy coins.
The Stealth blockchain was launched in 2014 and quickly recognized for its StealthText technology. QPoS extends Stealth’s history of blockchain innovations, fusing two different types of blockchain ledgers to improve privacy, speed, and throughput.
Stealth R&D will be presenting an exclusive presentation on the new Quantum Proof-of-Stake technology and their reputation system for stakers at the upcoming Consensus conference in New York in May.
Stealth R&D LLC is a registered Delaware (USA) limited liability corporation. For more information visit https://stealth.org/
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
Also published on Medium.