Hoard, a company tokenizing virtual goods and services to make them tradeable in video games in a manner that is honest for all participants, is releasing its free & open source Software Development Kit for Unity, along with its first game integration: My Memory of Us.
At the same time there will be a collaboration between My Memory of Us and Plasma Dog. A special edition MMoU expansion pack will be available in Plasma Dog and will have interoperable gameplay using Blockchain. Just recently Hoard also partnered up with OmiseGO, a company that enables financial inclusion and interoperability through the public, decentralized OMG network. This partnership will allow gamers to spend their in-game currency in the real world for everyday items, like a cup of coffee.
The new free and open source software development kit is expected to make it easy for any game developer to inject True Ownership of digital assets into their games using Plasma and Ethereum. Every item that gets minted using the SDK is then automatically available in Hoard‘s decentralized exchange (DEX). Players are free to trade and engage in all types of commerce on the exchange. The DEX can then be whitelabeled and installed directly into any game using SDK, so studios can manage their own marketplaces.
Later next year, a crowdfunding platform will be launched for game developers to offer presale access and items to early contributors.
This advanced suit of tools will enable the next generation video games to emerge. Community manager Chris Robinson of Hoard exchange said,
“To me, the most interesting part of any video game is user-generated content. Players self-organize and create unique institutions that the game developers never thought to make in the first place. When players have True Ownership of the virtual items in their games, and they are able to create any of kind of smart contract with them, we are going to see some very interesting game experiences unfold.”
Sławomir Bubel, aka Malfunction (or Malf), CEO of Hoard, mentioned the importance of the integration of Blockchain in the gaming industry,
“I come from the game dev background. Not at all from the Blockchain community. To me games are about fun. Blockchain can create new types of games. Which means new types of fun.”
Today more and more people are selling virtual goods and services. With Hoard, all of this can be tokenized and made tradeable in a manner that is honest for all participants. Hoard will drive the future of global revolution in the rapidly growing $140 Billion Gaming Industry. Through revolutionary technology, based on Blockchain, the company offers a unique value proposition for game players and game developers. It enables them to take advantage of true ownership, virtual exchange and crowdfunding games.
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019
- With Hoard, Video Game Developers Will Now Have the Ability to Seamlessly Integrate Games with Ethereum - May 1, 2019