Blockchain technology company Swarm, a which provides fee-free tokenization of assets which pay dividends, will allow asset providers with proper licensing and KYC measures to issue security tokens on the TRON blockchain, according to an announcement last week.
“TRON’s dedication to delivering fast, free solutions using decentralized infrastructure make them a natural fit for Swarm’s open tokenization technology. Issuers will be able to offer security tokens on Tron’s blockchain and will allow investors to use TRX and USDT-TRON to purchase security tokens. This is about meeting people where they are, and opening the door for the massive and engaged TRON community to enter this rapidly growing space.” said Philipp Pieper, co-founder and CEO of Swarm.
Swarm creates tools to make it easy to unlock and capture value across a broad array of assets and opportunities. Tokenization on TRON will allow customers to complete transactions faster, with few fees.
“Swarm is one of the preeminent builders of digital investment infrastructure and its decision to adopt the TRON blockchain will further our push to make decentralized finance the next big thing for the investment community,” said Justin Sun, founder of TRON and CEO of BitTorrent.
Tether will launch USDT-TRON, a stablecoin based on Tether technology in partnership with Bitfinex. These stablecoins are pegged to the U.S. dollar and can be used in smart contracts for security tokens that offer a dividend to the holders of their respective security tokens. Stablecoins reduce the volatility that cryptocurrency traditionally effects on institutional buyers who are more risk-averse.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
Also published on Medium.