Huobi Global, the world’s leading Blockchain company, will honor Bitcoin Pizza Day on May 22 with a range of initiatives, including the launch of Reserve Protocol’s Reserve Rights Token (RSR) through their premium coin launch platform Huobi Prime. They will also be hosting a special sale of Bitcoin featuring prices discounted up to 50% off market value*.
Nearly nine years ago on May 22, 2010, Florida-based programmer Laszlo Hanyecz made crypto history when he managed to exchange 10,000 Bitcoins with another early Bitcoin enthusiast for two pizzas. BTC was worth $0.003 at the time, so those pizzas cost him about USD $30. Under today’s prices, they would be worth well over USD $70 million and Bitcoin Pizza Day has become a well-loved crypto community tradition.
Huobi Global CEO Livio Weng, said that “Bitcoin Pizza Day is Prime Day this year,” he also added that “Things started as a joke that we were going to list Bitcoin through Prime but then I kept thinking, what better way to mark Prime 3 and celebrate Pizza Day? Let’s actually do this!”
Huobi Pizza Day Promotions should not be missed. The company will be providing 1.5 million* USDT-worth of Bitcoin to users in two special trading rounds on May 22, starting at 18:00 (GMT +8). In the first round, 20% of the total Bitcoin supply will be offered to users at 50% off market price*. In the second, the remaining 80% of Bitcoin will be provided to users at 12% off market price*. While the first round will be first-come, first-served, in the second, all qualified orders will be partially filled via adjusted system matching.
“To put it another way, all qualified users in our second round will get at least some of the BTC they seek,” said Ross Zhang, Head of Marketing for Huobi Group.
“I do want to warn people, though – we expect demand to be very high, so you’ll have to be lucky and quick in the first round. Also, anyone who goes into the second expecting his or her entire order to be filled may need to adjust their expectations.” He added.
There are several ways to qualify. Users who hold at least 1000 Huobi Token over the seven days leading up to launch (May 15 to May 21) are eligible to participate. Users who have a daily average holding of 20,000 or more USDT or the same value of in BTC, NEW, TT, or TOP can also take part.
Trading on Huobi Prime 3 will start at 20:00 (GMT + 8) on May 22. The price of RSR will be capped at 1RSR = $0.0006 for the first round and 1RSR = $0.0011 in the second.
Huobi is also hosting a number of other activities related to Bitcoin, including giving away 1 BTC at original Bitcoin Pizza Day prices ($0.0031) to a lucky user and more.
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019
- With Hoard, Video Game Developers Will Now Have the Ability to Seamlessly Integrate Games with Ethereum - May 1, 2019
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019