MinersINC unveiled India’s first blockchain powered film VOD platform ‘myNK’ at the Cannes Film Festival on Saturday, May 18, 2019. myNK comprises of a curated library currently consisting of 200+ films and growing – most of which have never before been released into India. Content includes critically acclaimed and award-winning films from festivals including Cannes, Tribeca, Sundance and Berlinale for Indian world cinema lovers for whom the realm of cinema goes beyond Hollywood and Bollywood. The mobile app will officially launch in June.
myNK’s unique blockchain enabled business model will unveil new, transparent and trusted revenue streams for many different stakeholders and modus-operandi of how various entities act and interact with each other in a not so friendly environment. The industry is going to witness the first-of-its-kind entertainment platform that has so much to offer to every stakeholder who is directly or indirectly associated with the value chain.
The platform aims at liberalizing the industry from distribution challenges, copyright issues, breach of contracts, lost monetization, non-transparent earnings and introduce incentivized social entertainment for the viewer community in which consumers will act as a prudent community responsible for unbiased reviewing, rating, distributing, recommending and curating content, making the marketplace more connected, holistic and intelligent. Consumers would be empowered as they follow and interact with the like-minded community on the platform and earn badges, rewards/viewing credits when they share/recommend/micro-distribute content to influence their networks
At the official launch day, Anurag Kashyap (acclaimed international film-maker and mentor/curator of myNK) addressed industry peers on these issues. This was followed by a panel discussion on the entertainment blockchain technology wave that will help address content creators’ distribution and piracy concerns and how a curated VOD platform like myNK with film fan engagement incentives is the most ethical option and solution today.
Blockchain enables secured sharing of content, legit consumption of content and rightful attribution in a transparent and decentralized manner.
Today, blockchain technology has revolutionised the whole world and India is no exception to it. With the launch of India’s first curated VoD platform and unique business model, blockchain will undoubtedly be looked at as the future of entertainment in India.
Nitin Narkhede (Founder & CEO, MinersINC), Anurag Kashyap, Orly Ravid (Founder and Co-Executive Director, The Film Collaborative LA), Esther van Messel (Founder & CEO First Hand Films), Wendy Bernfeld (content acquisition advisor for myNK and founder Rights Stuff digital agency) and Deepak Jayaram (Co-Founder, MinersINC)
MinersINC is a Blockchain-powered P2P platform which uses the transformative power of Blockchain Technology to build an entertainment ecosystem which empowers right-holders, enables consumers, and addresses some of the major gaps in India’s entertainment industry. The ecosystem is being designed for the Indian at heart and will forge a close-knit relationship between right-holders and consumers and facilitate the creation of a highly engaged community. The platform will deploy a community-driven approach for offerings in movies & music, enabling direct and more rewarding interactions between the right-holders and their target audiences.
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020
Also published on Medium.