MinersINC unveiled India’s first blockchain powered film VOD platform ‘myNK’ at the Cannes Film Festival on Saturday, May 18, 2019. myNK comprises of a curated library currently consisting of 200+ films and growing – most of which have never before been released into India. Content includes critically acclaimed and award-winning films from festivals including Cannes, Tribeca, Sundance and Berlinale for Indian world cinema lovers for whom the realm of cinema goes beyond Hollywood and Bollywood. The mobile app will officially launch in June.
myNK’s unique blockchain enabled business model will unveil new, transparent and trusted revenue streams for many different stakeholders and modus-operandi of how various entities act and interact with each other in a not so friendly environment. The industry is going to witness the first-of-its-kind entertainment platform that has so much to offer to every stakeholder who is directly or indirectly associated with the value chain.
The platform aims at liberalizing the industry from distribution challenges, copyright issues, breach of contracts, lost monetization, non-transparent earnings and introduce incentivized social entertainment for the viewer community in which consumers will act as a prudent community responsible for unbiased reviewing, rating, distributing, recommending and curating content, making the marketplace more connected, holistic and intelligent. Consumers would be empowered as they follow and interact with the like-minded community on the platform and earn badges, rewards/viewing credits when they share/recommend/micro-distribute content to influence their networks
At the official launch day, Anurag Kashyap (acclaimed international film-maker and mentor/curator of myNK) addressed industry peers on these issues. This was followed by a panel discussion on the entertainment blockchain technology wave that will help address content creators’ distribution and piracy concerns and how a curated VOD platform like myNK with film fan engagement incentives is the most ethical option and solution today.
Blockchain enables secured sharing of content, legit consumption of content and rightful attribution in a transparent and decentralized manner.
Today, blockchain technology has revolutionised the whole world and India is no exception to it. With the launch of India’s first curated VoD platform and unique business model, blockchain will undoubtedly be looked at as the future of entertainment in India.
Nitin Narkhede (Founder & CEO, MinersINC), Anurag Kashyap, Orly Ravid (Founder and Co-Executive Director, The Film Collaborative LA), Esther van Messel (Founder & CEO First Hand Films), Wendy Bernfeld (content acquisition advisor for myNK and founder Rights Stuff digital agency) and Deepak Jayaram (Co-Founder, MinersINC)
MinersINC is a Blockchain-powered P2P platform which uses the transformative power of Blockchain Technology to build an entertainment ecosystem which empowers right-holders, enables consumers, and addresses some of the major gaps in India’s entertainment industry. The ecosystem is being designed for the Indian at heart and will forge a close-knit relationship between right-holders and consumers and facilitate the creation of a highly engaged community. The platform will deploy a community-driven approach for offerings in movies & music, enabling direct and more rewarding interactions between the right-holders and their target audiences.
- Smartlands to Digitise Own Equity; Unveils Plans For Security Token Offering in the US - December 9, 2019
- ShareRing Partners with Thailand’s new E-Visa System: Mainstream Blockchain Adoption - December 9, 2019
- ELEV8CON adds BBVA, Bumble Bee Foods, State Street, Ticketmaster to Lineup for Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Asset Conference - December 9, 2019
- Mintdice – Playing it Fair with Blockchain - December 9, 2019
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
Also published on Medium.