MinersINC unveiled India’s first blockchain powered film VOD platform ‘myNK’ at the Cannes Film Festival on Saturday, May 18, 2019. myNK comprises of a curated library currently consisting of 200+ films and growing – most of which have never before been released into India. Content includes critically acclaimed and award-winning films from festivals including Cannes, Tribeca, Sundance and Berlinale for Indian world cinema lovers for whom the realm of cinema goes beyond Hollywood and Bollywood. The mobile app will officially launch in June.
myNK’s unique blockchain enabled business model will unveil new, transparent and trusted revenue streams for many different stakeholders and modus-operandi of how various entities act and interact with each other in a not so friendly environment. The industry is going to witness the first-of-its-kind entertainment platform that has so much to offer to every stakeholder who is directly or indirectly associated with the value chain.
The platform aims at liberalizing the industry from distribution challenges, copyright issues, breach of contracts, lost monetization, non-transparent earnings and introduce incentivized social entertainment for the viewer community in which consumers will act as a prudent community responsible for unbiased reviewing, rating, distributing, recommending and curating content, making the marketplace more connected, holistic and intelligent. Consumers would be empowered as they follow and interact with the like-minded community on the platform and earn badges, rewards/viewing credits when they share/recommend/micro-distribute content to influence their networks
At the official launch day, Anurag Kashyap (acclaimed international film-maker and mentor/curator of myNK) addressed industry peers on these issues. This was followed by a panel discussion on the entertainment blockchain technology wave that will help address content creators’ distribution and piracy concerns and how a curated VOD platform like myNK with film fan engagement incentives is the most ethical option and solution today.
Blockchain enables secured sharing of content, legit consumption of content and rightful attribution in a transparent and decentralized manner.
Today, blockchain technology has revolutionised the whole world and India is no exception to it. With the launch of India’s first curated VoD platform and unique business model, blockchain will undoubtedly be looked at as the future of entertainment in India.
Nitin Narkhede (Founder & CEO, MinersINC), Anurag Kashyap, Orly Ravid (Founder and Co-Executive Director, The Film Collaborative LA), Esther van Messel (Founder & CEO First Hand Films), Wendy Bernfeld (content acquisition advisor for myNK and founder Rights Stuff digital agency) and Deepak Jayaram (Co-Founder, MinersINC)
MinersINC is a Blockchain-powered P2P platform which uses the transformative power of Blockchain Technology to build an entertainment ecosystem which empowers right-holders, enables consumers, and addresses some of the major gaps in India’s entertainment industry. The ecosystem is being designed for the Indian at heart and will forge a close-knit relationship between right-holders and consumers and facilitate the creation of a highly engaged community. The platform will deploy a community-driven approach for offerings in movies & music, enabling direct and more rewarding interactions between the right-holders and their target audiences.
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020
Also published on Medium.