The crypto scene is often seen as a mass of competing and adversarial tribes. However not this fall, when 15 protocols join forces to collaborate and pool developer communities to build a literal stack of technologies that collectively enable a ‘new data economy’, centred around privacy, the decentralisation of insecure cloud architecture and the deconstruction of platform monopolies, called ‘The Convergence Stack’.
The Convergence Stack spans IoT hardware through internet networking, storage, routing, databases, middleware and machine learning leveraging innovations in distributed ledger technology and crypto assets to coordinate decentralised networks of stakeholders to enable a more peer to peer and open web.
The two day event called Diffusion 2019 will take place in Berlin on the weekend of the 19-20 October 2019 and will be focused on the practical application of distributed ledger technology, smart contracts and programmable tokens, to create a new data layer, and enable other deep technologies like AI and IoT to combine and converge in order to define the next major web cycle.
- 350 developers will apply to test their skills to hack using 25m+ lines of open source code over a 2 day period for thousands in prizes
- Hack teams will be drawn from some of the worlds largest corporations, technical universities, leading dev shops and the crypto scenes best indie github contributors
- The first protocols to be publicly announced include: Fetch.AI, Cosmos, IOTA, Chainlink, Enigma, Sovrin, Evernym, Haja Networks, Agoric Systems, Ocean Protocol, FOAM, Alkemi, RightMesh and SEED with more over the coming months
- Winners will present to leading investors including event hosts and ‘Europas: blockchain hottest investor 2019’, Outlier Ventures and enterprise partners
- The event will take place at The Factory, Berlin over two days on 19-20th October 2019
Jamie Burke, Founder of Outlier Ventures and pioneer of The Convergence Stack commented:
“This represents a big step for the industry. For the first time, we are bringing people to work together to take on the current Web paradigm which works for no one other than Facebook, Amazon, Apple and Google’’.
“We need a wide range of skills from across cryptography, machine learning, smart contract dev, IoT, and crypto-economics to make Web 3 a reality. We believe this is the first step in a truly collaborative effort reminiscent of the early Internet to make p2p mainstream.’’
Leading decentralised projects from across the crypto scene will formally be present including IOTA, Cosmos, Chainlink, Fetch.AI, Enigma, Sovrin, Evernym, Haja Networks, Agoric Systems, Ocean Protocol, FOAM, Alkemi, RightMesh and SEED to celebrate the technical progress and talent across their communities.
It will be a hackathon-style event with teams of developers competing in challenges including dapps, network improvements, stack integrations, tooling and documentation to accelerate adoption and network growth. The event will also feature a series of exclusive product launches, live demos, enterprise partnership announcements and Q&As from founders and core dev teams from across The Stack as well as presentations from leading developers, economists and system engineers.
Outlier Ventures Labs hosted a virtual conversation with two technical leaders of the core components of the Convergence Stack: Toby Simpson, CTO of Fetch.AI, decentralised AI for the machine economy and Ken Ebert, Software Architect and OS Engineer, Sovrin the new standard for digital identity. OV Labs showcased a LIVE demo of the highly synergistic technologies in practice, introducing their latest project: ANVIL. If you are a developer, the Stack enables you to be part of an ecosystem of open-source technologies spanning hardware, software and p2p networking. As a business who produces, processes and derives value from data, the Stack offers a framework for navigating decentralisation, blockchain and Web 3.
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
Also published on Medium.