Creator of advanced media technology infrastructure Live Planet is soon to launch its Blockchain Virtual Reality (VR) Network (BVRN), the first VR network built specifically for the blockchain industry.
“We’re so excited about this new Network and all of the possibilities it presents. Live Planet and VideoCoin have each worked tirelessly pursuing the vision of converging VR with blockchain technology — a match made in heaven,” said Halsey Minor, Founder and CEO at Live Planet and Strategic Technology Partner to the VideoCoin Network. “The Blockchain VR Network actualizes that vision and we’re thrilled to partner with the highest-quality influencers and commentators in the industry for its debut.”
The Network will feature in-depth and engaging VR programming from top blockchain industry influencers including Bad Crypto Podcast, Crypto Trader, Boxmining, BLOCKTV and CoinCentral.com, all shot with the Live Planet VR System, the world’s most advanced end-to-end capture and distribution system for immersive video, and the first application using VideoCoin Network technology, a decentralized video encoding, storage, and content distribution system. The Network uniquely enables influencers to engage audiences in new, exciting and creative ways, growing their following and deepening their relationship with their existing fans.
“This is an opportunity to revolutionize how listeners learn about blockchain and experience our podcast,” said Joel Comm, Co-Host at Bad Crypto Podcast. “We are thrilled to be among the first to bring The Bad Crypto Podcast into the realm of virtual reality by joining the Blockchain VR Network.”
The Blockchain VR Network combines two of today’s most consequential and disruptive technologies: blockchain and VR. Content partners will utilize the revolutionary end-to-end Live Planet VR System to stream their podcasts and videocasts in crystal-clear 360 stereoscopic videos, either live or recorded. The Network is currently available for streaming on immersive video outlets including Samsung VR, Oculus, Daydream, on the web at LivePlanet.live and YouTube.
Live Planet has partnered with some of the most highly-regarded crypto and blockchain personalities boasting a combined global audience of half a million blockchain enthusiasts.
- Bad Crypto Podcast: The world’s top bitcoin podcast covering blockchain, cryptocurrency, ethereum, altcoins, fintech and the future of digital payments. Hosted by internet pioneer Joel Comm and marketing technologist Travis Wright, The Bad Crypto Podcast makes crypto easy to understand for newbies and crypto enthusiasts alike.
- BLOCKTV: Live, 24/7, premier televised news source for the blockchain and cryptocurrency community, providing reliable, real-time, innovative, and in-depth updates globally.
- Boxmining: Michael Gu is the founder of Boxmining.com, a central hub for accurate discussion of cryptocurrencies, blockchain and the decentralized future. The Boxmining YouTube Channel boasts over 190,000 subscribers and 12 million views.
- CoinCentral: An independent publication and top 10 cryptocurrency newsite covering new technologies, innovative tokens, exchanges, intersections with the real world, Bitcoin, Ethereum and their underlying blockchain. Alex Moskov is a partner and editor-in-chief.
- Crypto Trader: Ran Neuner is the executive producer and host of Crypto Trader, the world’s first televised cryptocurrency show broadcast on CNBC Africa and YouTube.
- Decentralized Films: A Los Angeles-based production company fully funded by cryptocurrency. It was founded in 2017 by Brazilian American actor and producer, Oto Gomes.
- YEN.io: A community management and community growth platform for online groups cultivating the conversations of the future. Crypto communities need modern tooling to manage communication and grow their tribe; that’s what we’re building. Currently in private beta.
For content creators, the Blockchain VR Network is an opportunity to demonstrate innovation, leveraging cutting-edge immersive media technologies to engage new and existing audiences at a deeper level. For viewers, the network provides an unprecedented, exciting immersive experience of all things blockchain and crypto.
The Blockchain VR Network will soon be streaming in VR. Content partners interested in joining the Network can sign up here.
Live Planet develops media-technology infrastructural technologies to transform the world of media and related services toward a more compelling, controllable future for consumer and business applications everywhere. Live Planet’s initiatives include The VideoCoin Network and the Live Planet VR System: the end-to-end solution for easily creating and delivering live and recorded picture-perfect stereoscopic VR video programming and applications. Creative professionals and innovators seeking to shape the future of immersive media may join our partners’ program by contacting [email protected].
The VideoCoin Network is a decentralized video infrastructure platform redefining the process for creating, storing, and distributing digital video content. Developed by the VideoCoin Development Association Ltd. (Cayman Islands) and implemented by Live Planet, Inc to run on a new blockchain with a native protocol token, the VideoCoin (VID). Powered by a large-scale, distributed video infrastructure, the VideoCoin Network will usher in “the new cloud,” by marshalling underutilized computing resources from around the world to revolutionize video services with blockchain technology. The VideoCoin Network ecosystem says they can lower costs by deploying unused compute resources and peer-to-peer video distribution, enabling a new generation of applications via open APIs and open source-based development, with increased privacy using decentralized, end-to-end encryption. For more information, visit https://videocoin.io or the blog.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019
Also published on Medium.