Investment platform and AngelList spinoff Republic has launched a compliant security airdrop to retail investors in the United States and abroad. For its first airdrop campaign, Republic has partnered with Althea, a system that enables communities to build and maintain their own decentralized internet infrastructure.
“Building a tool that allows companies to share their equity or tokens with users and engaged customers stems from our strong belief that early users are often the most passionate and vocal champions of a company, yet yield nothing from said company’s financial success,” said Jed Halfon, Partner at Republic Crypto. “Republic’s mission is to equalize opportunities for everyone involved, giving people their fair share of the value they created for a startup.”
Companies have long searched for a meaningful way to reward their most loyal users but have struggled to find a legally compliant and viable option. Republic developed a tool for companies to give away private securities to customers and fans for free or in exchange for their contribution to a project, all while strictly complying with securities regulations.
“It’s important that those who are starting and operating on-ground networks will have a stake in the Althea governance token,” said Deborah Simpier, Co-Founder of Althea. “This partnership with Republic also enables us to distribute tokens to a broad audience of U.S. and foreign citizens, accredited and unaccredited investors alike, while maintaining compliance with the law.”
The campaign allows anyone to receive tokens for taking steps to help Althea build a decentralized internet. Althea is a system that lets routers pay each other for bandwidth, allowing anyone to set up decentralized Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in their communities. In an Althea network, instead of one ISP monopolizing the market, many different people can earn money by expanding and strengthening the network. Communities then get faster, cheaper internet by cutting out the middleman.
Althea will give away investment contracts that can be redeemed for tokens to participants who carry out actions such as watching a video and learning about Althea, submitting a proposal to create a new network, and building a network by signing up users. Those looking for faster, cheaper internet in their community can earn Althea tokens (ALTG) by visiting https://republic.co/althea and taking steps to start an Althea network in their area.
The airdrop is now open for anyone to participate. ALTG entitles holders to share in the upside of a successful Althea network. Anyone over 18 years old can participate and while participation is technically an investment, no USD payment is required.
Founded in 2016, Republic operates a family of businesses, including an investment platform that provides retail investors around the world with compliant access to curated startups and blockchain projects. Republic operates under U.S. equity crowdfunding regulations and is under the supervision of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the U.S. Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. Republic recently expanded beyond crowd investing with the introduction of Radar (a platform that connects founders with noted venture firms), a Republic syndicate on AngelList, and a tokenization advisory service, each as an independent business operation. For additional information, please visit: www.republic.co, @joinrepublic and www.facebook.com/joinrepublic.
Althea is a system that lets routers pay each other for bandwidth. This allows people to set up decentralized Internet Service Providers in their communities. In an Althea network, instead of one ISP at the top collecting monthly payments, many different people can earn money by expanding and strengthening the network. Learn more at althea.net.
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019