Investment platform and AngelList spinoff Republic has launched a compliant security airdrop to retail investors in the United States and abroad. For its first airdrop campaign, Republic has partnered with Althea, a system that enables communities to build and maintain their own decentralized internet infrastructure.
“Building a tool that allows companies to share their equity or tokens with users and engaged customers stems from our strong belief that early users are often the most passionate and vocal champions of a company, yet yield nothing from said company’s financial success,” said Jed Halfon, Partner at Republic Crypto. “Republic’s mission is to equalize opportunities for everyone involved, giving people their fair share of the value they created for a startup.”
Companies have long searched for a meaningful way to reward their most loyal users but have struggled to find a legally compliant and viable option. Republic developed a tool for companies to give away private securities to customers and fans for free or in exchange for their contribution to a project, all while strictly complying with securities regulations.
“It’s important that those who are starting and operating on-ground networks will have a stake in the Althea governance token,” said Deborah Simpier, Co-Founder of Althea. “This partnership with Republic also enables us to distribute tokens to a broad audience of U.S. and foreign citizens, accredited and unaccredited investors alike, while maintaining compliance with the law.”
The campaign allows anyone to receive tokens for taking steps to help Althea build a decentralized internet. Althea is a system that lets routers pay each other for bandwidth, allowing anyone to set up decentralized Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in their communities. In an Althea network, instead of one ISP monopolizing the market, many different people can earn money by expanding and strengthening the network. Communities then get faster, cheaper internet by cutting out the middleman.
Althea will give away investment contracts that can be redeemed for tokens to participants who carry out actions such as watching a video and learning about Althea, submitting a proposal to create a new network, and building a network by signing up users. Those looking for faster, cheaper internet in their community can earn Althea tokens (ALTG) by visiting https://republic.co/althea and taking steps to start an Althea network in their area.
The airdrop is now open for anyone to participate. ALTG entitles holders to share in the upside of a successful Althea network. Anyone over 18 years old can participate and while participation is technically an investment, no USD payment is required.
Founded in 2016, Republic operates a family of businesses, including an investment platform that provides retail investors around the world with compliant access to curated startups and blockchain projects. Republic operates under U.S. equity crowdfunding regulations and is under the supervision of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the U.S. Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. Republic recently expanded beyond crowd investing with the introduction of Radar (a platform that connects founders with noted venture firms), a Republic syndicate on AngelList, and a tokenization advisory service, each as an independent business operation. For additional information, please visit: www.republic.co, @joinrepublic and www.facebook.com/joinrepublic.
Althea is a system that lets routers pay each other for bandwidth. This allows people to set up decentralized Internet Service Providers in their communities. In an Althea network, instead of one ISP at the top collecting monthly payments, many different people can earn money by expanding and strengthening the network. Learn more at althea.net.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019