The Polkadot Network has teamed up with the creator of the most popular cryptocurrency wallet Blockchain.com in a joint venture to accelerate the adoption and decentralization of Polkadot tokens (“DOTs”) as it aims to solve the challenges of cross-blockchain interoperability.
“Polkadot is exactly the type of purpose-driven network we’ve always supported at Blockchain,” says Peter Smith, Co-founder and CEO of Blockchain. “The team behind the project has a wealth of experience, and shares our vision for a decentralized future where users are in control.”
“As we approach launch, we see growing interest in new ways to engage with Polkadot, and this partnership will do just that – making it much easier for people to use DOTs and participate in governing the network,” says Dr. Wood. “We’re excited to have Blockchain on-board to help spread Polkadot’s potential to its users across the world.”
When the integration is complete, Blockchain’s 41M Wallets will be able to store, send, and receive DOTs, while contributing to the network’s governance by voting on questions like proposed amendments to the network protocol and council members.
Polkadot, announced in 2017, is the first project by the Web3 Foundation. Its first implementation is being developed by the founders of Parity Technologies, Dr. Gavin Wood, who also co-founded Polkadot and Ethereum, and Dr. Jutta Steiner, CEO of Parity and Ethereuem’s first Security Chief. Its team is creating a scalable, governable protocol that enables interoperability between blockchain networks.
Blockchain is connecting the world to the future of finance and is one of the most trusted and fastest-growing digital assets companies, helping millions across the globe – from individuals to the largest institutions – get easy and safe access to cryptocurrencies. Blockchain has raised over $70 million in funding from leading investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners and Google Ventures. Board members include former Barclays CEO Antony Jenkins, Lightspeed Ventures Partner Jeremy Liew, and former Skype COO Michael Jackson.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
Also published on Medium.