The Polkadot Network has teamed up with the creator of the most popular cryptocurrency wallet Blockchain.com in a joint venture to accelerate the adoption and decentralization of Polkadot tokens (“DOTs”) as it aims to solve the challenges of cross-blockchain interoperability.
“Polkadot is exactly the type of purpose-driven network we’ve always supported at Blockchain,” says Peter Smith, Co-founder and CEO of Blockchain. “The team behind the project has a wealth of experience, and shares our vision for a decentralized future where users are in control.”
“As we approach launch, we see growing interest in new ways to engage with Polkadot, and this partnership will do just that – making it much easier for people to use DOTs and participate in governing the network,” says Dr. Wood. “We’re excited to have Blockchain on-board to help spread Polkadot’s potential to its users across the world.”
When the integration is complete, Blockchain’s 41M Wallets will be able to store, send, and receive DOTs, while contributing to the network’s governance by voting on questions like proposed amendments to the network protocol and council members.
Polkadot, announced in 2017, is the first project by the Web3 Foundation. Its first implementation is being developed by the founders of Parity Technologies, Dr. Gavin Wood, who also co-founded Polkadot and Ethereum, and Dr. Jutta Steiner, CEO of Parity and Ethereuem’s first Security Chief. Its team is creating a scalable, governable protocol that enables interoperability between blockchain networks.
Blockchain is connecting the world to the future of finance and is one of the most trusted and fastest-growing digital assets companies, helping millions across the globe – from individuals to the largest institutions – get easy and safe access to cryptocurrencies. Blockchain has raised over $70 million in funding from leading investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners and Google Ventures. Board members include former Barclays CEO Antony Jenkins, Lightspeed Ventures Partner Jeremy Liew, and former Skype COO Michael Jackson.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019
Also published on Medium.