Monetha, the company that raised $37M in 18 minutes during its ICO, has just released the results of a legal analysis comparing the project described in the white paper and the actual services the company offers today
Monetha is among the first of post-ICO companies to initiate such an evaluation, carried out by the Swiss law firm Kellerhals Carrard — one of the leading Swiss commercial law firms, in the post-ICO era.
“Trust is fundamental not only for Monetha but it is also key to the entire industry. Therefore we entrusted well-known Swiss law professionals to conduct thorough examinations and tests of our services. The positive results of such an investigation not only reaffirms our investors but also contributes to the general reliance on the blockchain businesses in the post-ICO era,” stated Justas Pikelis, Co-Founder at Monetha.
According to examinations and tests, Kellerhals Carrard lawyers stated that they:
“…did not identify contents in the WP (white paper) that were not developed in the Monetha platform and are not working from an operational point of view.”
The mentioned analysis was performed without previously informing the Monetha team.
“Promises that were given to the investors during the ICO rush, unfortunately, does not always match the actual operations of some companies. If they operate today at all. The deficit of trust is clearly the issue contributing to the general precaution towards the industry. This is one of the key factors slowing the broader implementation of blockchain technology. Monetha intends to set a completely different standard”, he added.
The text of the WP has been available on Monetha’s website since June 2017, before the start of the ICO, and is still available for investors, regulators, and anyone willing to delve. The results of the comparative analysis have been made public today as well.
Monetha Gmbh is a Decentralised Trust and Reputation System for global commerce working flawlessly together with a mobile payment solution on the Ethereum blockchain. Founded in Zug, Switzerland, Monetha’s headquarters is in Vilnius, Lithuania.
Monetha’s co-founder — Justas Pikelis — was selected for Forbes Europe 30 Under 30 Finance and Big Money lists.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019
Also published on Medium.