Singapore centred provider of multi-asset liquidity, brokerage and blockchain solutions, Broctagon Fintech Group, surpassed $5 million in turnover earlier this month, following a highly successful year which has been marked by significant growth, largely fuelled by demand for its crypto contract for difference (CFD) offering.
Don Guo, CEO of Broctagon, said:
“We’ve been developing fintech solutions for the forex space for over a decade, and saw a unique opportunity in crypto to leverage our experience for a budding market. The crypto markets show no sign of slowing down, and as they continue to grow and mature, we will remain at the forefront of fintech innovation.”
The demand stems from experienced traders entering the crypto markets as mainstream adoption of cryptocurrency looks increasingly likely.
Broctagon – with a 300 strong team housed in offices in Singapore, Hong Kong, Cyprus, India and the United Kingdom – has seen its CFD solution taken up by 30 new clients since the start of the year. The solution allows investors to take long or short positions on a given underlying digital asset which creates opportunities to profit from downward price movements through short selling, as well as maximising profits and hedging against the risks posed by the famously volatile crypto markets.
The demand Broctagon has been experiencing is not only from retail or professional crypto investors. As a regulatory framework evolves, and governments in countries like China are showing their support for crypto, institutions are also looking to get a slice of the digital pie. Take CME for example, which is currently seeing record-breaking demand for its Bitcoin futures, or the crypto platforms from ICE and Fidelity, both of which are undergoing the application for New York trust licences.
Cryptocurrencies are leaving their ‘Wild West’ days in the rear-view mirror, and seasoned traders are paying attention. As their involvement increases, they want the same trading options available to them as in the traditional financial markets. As a result, Broctagon’s CFD offering is only one piece of the puzzle when it comes to its vision: to bring crypto trading to reach the liquidity, level and efficiency of forex. Consequently, Broctagon is also offering tools such as price history, algorithmic-based trading signals for crypto traders and even a liquidity engine to connect prime brokers and exchanges, enabling market participants to conduct more sophisticated trades than ever before and allowing firms to provide professional trading environments to their clients.
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
Also published on Medium.