Since launching its infrastructure in June, Copper, the London-based custodian for digital assets, has already processed $500m in transactions witnessing exponential growth in the use of its trade and settlement Infrastructure and showing a whopping 50% increase in volumes month-on-month.
Dmitry Tokarev, Founder & CEO of Copper, commented:
“Although we expected to see a gradual uptake in execution and settlement volumes across our clients, it’s really heartening to see such a rapid increase in engagement.
“Not only are we trusted by investors and funds to hold millions of dollars’ worth of their assets and facilitate their high-volume trading needs – but our proven T-0 settlement time allow our customers to work their capital harder and potentially increase profit.
“We are working on other unique services which will give our institutional customers additional tools to engage with the digital asset markets which we expect to go live in Q4.“
The company provides digital asset safeguarding for multiple funds and investors operating a full range of investment strategies. Now, clients such as GSR, a large market-maker and liquidity provider for digital assets, are taking full-advantage of Copper’s multi-account, multi-currency trading platform and T-0 settlement solution. As the firm moves towards fiat custody and settlement, it has also agreed to work with Signature bank to provide T-0 USD settlement.
Institutional custody & prime brokerage for digital assets
Secure cryptocurrency custody, acquisition and transfer infrastructure
play video walkthrough.
Copper has been repeatedly recognised for its market-leading settlement solutions by financial and fintech organisations. Most recently, Copper announced in May that it was selected by SWARM, an infrastructure provider for the issuance and trading of digital assets, to integrate Copper’s technology which provides institutional grade security fundamental to the mass market trading of digital securities.
Jakob Palmstierna, director of investment solutions, GSR, stated:
“The secure repository and trading of digital assets is imperative for facilitating institutional adoption. GSR services the trading needs of counterparts when they are entering and exiting risk trades, or when they require bespoke risk exposures.
“It is encouraging for us to see the growth of this type of settlement infrastructure in the crypto industry. Copper has been at the forefront of this development when it comes to robustness and security.”
Copper, designs & develops the award-winning infrastructure which enables institutions to acquire, store, and trade digital assets in a manner which satisfies global investors and regulatory standards. Its multi-signature safeguarding application allows institutions can have complete certainty that their capital is not at risk of theft, whether it be from hackers or bad players in the industry.
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019
- VeganNation Add Brazilian Football Superstar Cafu to It’s Advisory Board - October 31, 2019
- Alliance Investments Announces Plans Tokenization of £500m in UK Real Estate in STOs - October 31, 2019
Also published on Medium.