Since launching its infrastructure in June, Copper, the London-based custodian for digital assets, has already processed $500m in transactions witnessing exponential growth in the use of its trade and settlement Infrastructure and showing a whopping 50% increase in volumes month-on-month.
Dmitry Tokarev, Founder & CEO of Copper, commented:
“Although we expected to see a gradual uptake in execution and settlement volumes across our clients, it’s really heartening to see such a rapid increase in engagement.
“Not only are we trusted by investors and funds to hold millions of dollars’ worth of their assets and facilitate their high-volume trading needs – but our proven T-0 settlement time allow our customers to work their capital harder and potentially increase profit.
“We are working on other unique services which will give our institutional customers additional tools to engage with the digital asset markets which we expect to go live in Q4.“
The company provides digital asset safeguarding for multiple funds and investors operating a full range of investment strategies. Now, clients such as GSR, a large market-maker and liquidity provider for digital assets, are taking full-advantage of Copper’s multi-account, multi-currency trading platform and T-0 settlement solution. As the firm moves towards fiat custody and settlement, it has also agreed to work with Signature bank to provide T-0 USD settlement.
Institutional custody & prime brokerage for digital assets
Secure cryptocurrency custody, acquisition and transfer infrastructure
play video walkthrough.
Copper has been repeatedly recognised for its market-leading settlement solutions by financial and fintech organisations. Most recently, Copper announced in May that it was selected by SWARM, an infrastructure provider for the issuance and trading of digital assets, to integrate Copper’s technology which provides institutional grade security fundamental to the mass market trading of digital securities.
Jakob Palmstierna, director of investment solutions, GSR, stated:
“The secure repository and trading of digital assets is imperative for facilitating institutional adoption. GSR services the trading needs of counterparts when they are entering and exiting risk trades, or when they require bespoke risk exposures.
“It is encouraging for us to see the growth of this type of settlement infrastructure in the crypto industry. Copper has been at the forefront of this development when it comes to robustness and security.”
Copper, designs & develops the award-winning infrastructure which enables institutions to acquire, store, and trade digital assets in a manner which satisfies global investors and regulatory standards. Its multi-signature safeguarding application allows institutions can have complete certainty that their capital is not at risk of theft, whether it be from hackers or bad players in the industry.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019
Also published on Medium.