The Liechtenstein Cryptoassets Exchange LCX has cut a deal with Hollywood superstar actor Wesley Snipes to tokenize a $25 Million USD movie fund, investing in upcoming motion picture and television shows produced by the famous actor and his production studio Maandi House.
Wesley Snipes said:
“It’s an exciting time now that all of my fans old and new can indirectly become co-producers of our upcoming movies. The tokenized Daywalker Movie Fund enables the audience to turn into investors and participate in the success.”
LCX CEO Monty C. M. Metzger added:
“The introduction of blockchain technology can be compared to the introduction of email. Tokenization empowers a new class of digital assets and is redefining the financial industry. Since months the team at LCX has been preparing the partnership including evaluation of regulatory and legal aspects – and we are excited to share this finally in public.”
The goal is to launch a fully regulated tokenized security via LCX’s platform and Liechtenstein based blockchain infrastructure. The security token offering will lower the barrier of entry significantly allowing a broader audience of institutional and retail investors to tap into this opportunity.
Daywalker Movie Fund (DMF)
The $25 Million USD Daywalker Movie Fund (DMF) will be tokenized and represented by the DMF Security Token. The fund will be managed by an investment committee consisting of professional fund managers and Snipes. The movie fund will allocate production budgets to future motion picture productions alongside other Hollywood producers.
LCX’s blockchain technology platform will handle the registration and identification of investors and will serve as the central hub for the security token offering.
The DMF Token enables investors to benefit from the profits of the productions and the IP, and receive additional benefits, including the opportunity to be invited to the movie premiere events. Profits are reinvested in the value of the DMF token, to ensure sustainable long-term value creation.
Pre-registration is possible at LCX.com. Registered users will be prioritized as soon as the security token offering will be officially published.
Wesley Trent Snipes is an American actor, film producer, master martial artist, and author. His prominent film roles include New Jack City, Major League, White Men Can’t Jump, Passenger 57, Demolition Man, and the Marvel Comics character Blade in the Blade film trilogy. At the Toronto Film Festival TIFF 2019 the Eddie Murphy movie “Dolemite Is My Name” premiered featuring Snipes, who will team again with Murphy and an All-Star cast in the sequel to his 90’s classic “Coming To America”.
LCX, the Liechtenstein Cryptoassets Exchange, is a blockchain ecosystem for professional investors. LCX’s goal is to become one of the world’s first licensed and supervised blockchain banks seamlessly blending traditional and crypto assets. Founded in 2018, LCX is headquartered in Liechtenstein, a country known for its groundbreaking blockchain laws and being a financial hub with a AAA rating at Standard & Poor’s.
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019
- VeganNation Add Brazilian Football Superstar Cafu to It’s Advisory Board - October 31, 2019
- Alliance Investments Announces Plans Tokenization of £500m in UK Real Estate in STOs - October 31, 2019
Also published on Medium.