ConsenSys and Hyperledger announced that ConsenSys has become the newest Premier Member of Hyperledger – and – ConsenSys’s PegaSys protocol engineering group submitted its Ethereum client, formerly known as Pantheon, now known as Hyperledger Besu, the first public chain compatible blockchain submission to Hyperledger. Hyperledger is an open-source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry blockchain technologies, hosted by the Linux Foundation.
Joseph Lubin, Co-Founder of Ethereum and Founder of ConsenSys, will join the governing board of Hyperledger, which now counts 22 members. “PegaSys and ConsenSys have been committed to open-source software and submitting Hyperledger Besu to Hyperledger demonstrates that commitment. Public networks with tens of thousands of nodes are most appropriate in a world in which we will see the tokenization of many types of assets and resources.”
ConsenSys will join a Hyperledger membership made up of 270+ leading companies in finance, banking, IoT, supply chain, manufacturing and technology. ConsenSys’ PegaSys submitted a blockchain framework based on public Ethereum for users to build and run robust, industry-specific applications, platforms and hardware systems to support business transactions. As a member of the Hyperledger community, ConsenSys will explore interoperability across blockchains and help drive standards to support enterprise-grade blockchain environments. Hyperledger Besu will benefit from a global community of Hyperledger developers, technical working groups, and leading open-source governance standards.
“As a new premier member, ConsenSys is now an active part of the Hyperledger community and the open-source, open governance approach to blockchain,” said Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director, Hyperledger. “By submitting the code for Hyperledger Besu right out of the gate, ConsenSys is showing its support for our mission to build a broad coalition for advancing enterprise blockchain. The more technologies and members we have worked together, the stronger the foundation we can collectively build for blockchain-based solutions.”
Hyperledger Besu is the 15th project in the Hyperledger greenhouse. Hyperledger Besu, a Java-based Ethereum client formerly known as Pantheon, is the first blockchain project submitted to Hyperledger that can operate on a public blockchain. Besu represents the growing interest of enterprises to build both permissioned and public network use cases for their applications. The project’s design and architecture decisions have been aimed at clean interfaces and modularity, with the goal of making Hyperledger Besu a platform for open development and deployment.
PegaSys (Protocol Engineering Groups and Systems) is a 65-person team dedicated to the enterprise-grade blockchain at ConsenSys. By building Enterprise Ethereum, we bring together the strengths of public and private blockchains: a large developer community while meeting enterprise needs for privacy and permissioning. We are focused on privacy, permissioning, scalability, and other features to make Ethereum production-ready. PegaSys will be launching PegaSys Plus, its commercial license version offering premium enterprise features and 24/7 support in October.
ConsenSys is a blockchain company dedicated to transforming the world’s digital architecture into a more open, inclusive, and secure internet of value, commonly called Web3. With a more trustworthy internet architecture, ConsenSys builds software to help individuals, enterprises, and governments unlock new business models, gain efficiencies through a shared IT infrastructure, and utilize modern cryptographic methods to safeguard private user data. Through our unique global business comprised of a venture fund and startup incubator, Enterprise Ethereum consulting arm, and an educational Academy, ConsenSys is building for the decentralized future.
Hyperledger is an open-source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry blockchain technologies. It is a global collaboration including leaders in finance, banking, Internet of Things, supply chains, manufacturing and Technology. The Linux Foundation hosts Hyperledger under the foundation. To learn more, visit: https://www.hyperledger.org/.
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019
- VeganNation Add Brazilian Football Superstar Cafu to It’s Advisory Board - October 31, 2019
- Alliance Investments Announces Plans Tokenization of £500m in UK Real Estate in STOs - October 31, 2019
Also published on Medium.