The largest bitcoin payment processor in the world, BitPay, founded in 2011, has given a long-awaited boost to Ethereum and its customers – as it will soon be able to safely, securely, and compliantly accept Ethereum.
“BitPay is consistently at the forefront of using cryptocurrency to solve real-world problems and offer our global customers the best options to accept and pay with multiple blockchain assets,” said Stephen Pair, CEO of BitPay. “As one of the largest cryptocurrencies by market cap and one used by thousands of companies, Ethereum is the next logical choice.”
Businesses using BitPay for payment processing can accept Ethereum for purchases without the need for any integration or enhancements. Additionally, wallet users will be able to store and use Ethereum in a BitPay wallet and BitPay Prepaid Visa Cardholders can top-up debit cards.
BitPay offers Ethereum as a payment mechanism along with Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. Businesses have another settlement solution that does not rely on traditional bank wires. BitPay also offers stable coin settlement with Circle CENTRE USD//Coin (USDC), Gemini Dollar (GUSD), and Paxos Standard token (PAX) as well as in 12 currencies and direct bank deposit in 37 countries.
Businesses in developing countries have a way to sell to consumers in established markets while businesses in established markets can accept cryptocurrency from consumers in developing countries. BitPay calculates prices displayed on BitPay invoices in 150 currencies and can settle in over 200 countries. For merchants who want to be settled by bank transfer, the transfer is initiated the next business day, and cryptocurrency is settled the next day, 365 days a year.
“It is exciting to see BitPay leading the way in integrating Ethereum into global payment systems,” said Vitalik Buterin, founder and creator of Ethereum. “This truly opens up a new world of possibilities for the Ethereum ecosystem, and together we can continue to be a leading innovator for real-world use cases for cryptocurrencies.”
BitPay’s existing merchants including Microsoft, Newegg, Dish Networks, FanDuel and Avnet will be able to turn on support for Ethereum seamlessly without any additional integration. BitPay plans to go live with Ethereum support in the coming weeks for BitPay merchants and BitPay wallet holders.
BitPay is the pioneer and the most experienced company in bitcoin and blockchain payments. Its suite of products enables businesses to send and receive cross border payments, also enabling consumers to manage digital assets with the BitPay Wallet and turn digital assets into dollars with the BitPay Prepaid Visa® Card. The company has offices in North America, Europe, and South America and has raised over $70 million from leading investors including Founders Fund, Index Ventures and Aquiline Technology Growth.
For more information visit https://bitpay.com
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019
Also published on Medium.