The developer of the peer-to-peer protocol creating new arbitrage opportunities for institutional traders and eliminating the issues that exist with current OTC markets, SIBEX AG, has raised CHF 1.78 million (€1.61 million) in its seed funding round.
Daniel Haudenschild, CEO of SIBEX, said:
“People are rapidly realizing the value of trading digital assets, resulting in an inevitable shift towards the digitization of wealth. However, we’re still at an early stage in the development of this technology and the resulting lack of infrastructure for OTC trades can present issues that alienate institutional investors used to a certain quality of service. SIBEX is committed to solving the problems that exist while also exposing professional traders to a new world of trading strategies and opportunities. The support of Fenbushi Capital, SIX, Accomplice, and our other investment partners is invaluable in helping us to achieve this goal.”
Commenting on the investment, Bo Shen, Founding Partner, Fenbushi Capital, said:
“We’re reaching a tipping point for institutional investor interest in digital assets trading. The right infrastructure for securely and privately trading large block orders is a vital piece of the puzzle, and the SIBEX protocol is the perfect solution to fill that space. We’re extremely excited to partner with SIBEX and assist in bringing the opportunities that this platform represents to traders around the globe.”
Rob Shavell, Partner, Accomplice VC, concluded:
“Before OTC trading of digital assets can really take off and reach its full potential, institutions that are interested in entering the space need assurances of trust and stability in the peer-to-peer platform. SIBEX is taking the lead in making the vital shift to on-chain settlement in the ecosystem. Our investment is not only an endorsement of their first-class service, but also showcases the confidence we have in the technical prowess and capabilities of SIBEX’s team to create the gold-standard for the peer-to-peer trading protocol of the future.”
SIBEX received backing from China-based Fenbushi Capital; SIX, the Swiss financial infrastructure provider; and specialist blockchain investment Accomplice VC, among others.
The SIBEX peer-to-peer protocol and the SIBEX client leverage blockchain technology to remove intermediaries and enable professional traders to trade the world’s most popular crypto-assets with one another directly. Traders can choose between assets including Bitcoin, Ethereum, USDT, and ERC20 tokens and use the SIBEX client to trade them peer to peer. Unlike centralized exchanges, traders using SIBEX’s software maintain custody of their assets during trades.
By providing an institutional-grade dark pool for digital asset procurement and liquidation and enabling cross-chain transactions, the SIBEX protocol solves issues such as front-running, whereby those with advance knowledge of a large buy or sell order can manipulate the price of the asset and make a profit. By enabling traders to maintain custody of their assets throughout the trade settlement, SIBEX prevents such occurrences and increases market integrity. SIBEX is also a solution for OTC trading in commodities like oil and gold once trading in digital asset commodities grows.
For more information about SIBEX, visit: https://sibex.io/
- Smartlands to Digitise Own Equity; Unveils Plans For Security Token Offering in the US - December 9, 2019
- ShareRing Partners with Thailand’s new E-Visa System: Mainstream Blockchain Adoption - December 9, 2019
- ELEV8CON adds BBVA, Bumble Bee Foods, State Street, Ticketmaster to Lineup for Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Asset Conference - December 9, 2019
- Mintdice – Playing it Fair with Blockchain - December 9, 2019
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
Also published on Medium.