During the 18th collective study of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee, Chinese President Xi Jinping stated the importance of blockchain as a technological breakthrough and pushed for independent innovation of blockchain core technologies. The plan is for China to accelerate the development of blockchain technology, according to a Xinhua News Agency report from China.
Jinping, general secretary of the CPC Central Committee, emphasized that the integrated application of blockchain technology plays an important role in new technological innovation and industrial transformation.
“We must take the blockchain as an important breakthrough for independent innovation of core technologies, clarify the main direction, increase investment, focus on a number of key core technologies, and accelerate the development of blockchain technology and industrial innovation.”
Jinping stressed that it is necessary to strengthen basic research, enhance the original innovation ability, and strive to let China take the leading position in the emerging field of blockchain, occupy the commanding heights of innovation, and gain new industrial advantages.
“It is necessary to promote collaborative research, accelerate the breakthrough of core technologies, and provide safe and controllable technical support for the development of blockchain applications.”
“It is necessary to strengthen the research on blockchain standardization and enhance the right to speak and rule in the world.”
“It is necessary to speed up industrial development, give play to market advantages, and further open up the innovation chain, application chain and value chain.”
“It is necessary to build a blockchain industry ecology, accelerate the deep integration of blockchain and frontier information technologies such as artificial intelligence, big data, and the Internet of Things, and promote integrated innovation and integration applications.”
“It is necessary to strengthen the construction of the talent team, establish and improve the personnel training system, build a variety of high-level talent training platforms, and cultivate a group of leading figures and high-level innovation teams.”
He went on to explain how it needs to be used:
“It is necessary to promote the deep integration of the blockchain and the real economy and solve the problems of difficulty in financing loans for SMEs, difficulties in controlling the risks of banks, and difficulties in departmental supervision.
“It is necessary to use blockchain technology to explore digital economic model innovation, provide power for creating a convenient, efficient, fair and competitive, stable and transparent business environment, and provide services for promoting supply-side structural reforms and realizing the effective docking of supply and demand in various industries, in order to accelerate new and old kinetic energy. We need to provide support for continuous transformation and promote high-quality economic development.”
“It is necessary to explore the application of “blockchain” in the field of people’s livelihood, and actively promote the application of blockchain technology in the fields of education, employment, pension, precision poverty alleviation, medical health, commodity anti-counterfeiting, food safety, public welfare, social assistance, etc. The masses need more intelligent, more convenient and better public services.
“It is necessary to promote the combination of the underlying technical services of blockchain and the construction of new smart cities, explore the promotion and application in the fields of information infrastructure, smart transportation, energy and power, and improve the level of intelligence and precision of urban management.”
“It is necessary to use blockchain technology to promote greater inter-connectivity between cities in terms of information, capital, talents, and credit information, and ensure the orderly and efficient flow of production factors within the region.”
“It is necessary to explore the use of the blockchain data sharing model to achieve the joint maintenance and utilization of government data across departments and regions, promote business synergy, deepen the run-up once reform, and bring better government service experience to the people.”
Xi Jinping emphasized that it is necessary to strengthen the guidance and regulation of blockchain technology, strengthen the research and analysis of blockchain security risks, closely track development trends, and actively explore development laws.
“It is necessary to explore the establishment of a safety guarantee system that adapts to the blockchain technology mechanism and guide and promote blockchain developers and platform operators to strengthen industry self-discipline and implement safety responsibilities.”
“It is necessary to implement the rule of law network into the management of blockchain and promote the safe and orderly development of blockchain.”
Jinping also pointed out that relevant departments and their responsible leaders should pay attention to the status quo and trend of blockchain technology development, improve the application and management of blockchain technology capabilities, and enable blockchain technology to build a network power, develop the digital economy, and promote economic and social development.
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019
- VeganNation Add Brazilian Football Superstar Cafu to It’s Advisory Board - October 31, 2019
- Alliance Investments Announces Plans Tokenization of £500m in UK Real Estate in STOs - October 31, 2019
Also published on Medium.