Chiliz ($CHZ) world leaders in blockchain-based fan engagement, today announced a collaboration with leading blockchain ecosystem developer Enjin to create branded digital collectibles for the sports & entertainment industry including creating non-fungible tokens (NFTs) for Socios.com‘s full roster – which already includes major football clubs Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid, Galatasaray, A.S. Roma, West Ham, Independiente, and back-to-back Dota 2 esports champions OG.
Chiliz is primed to announce at least one more major partnership this month and is targeting 50 IPs by the end of 2020 from sports, esports, and the entertainment industry. Chiliz will utilize the Enjin Platform to mint Ethereum-based collectibles for partners on their new blockchain-powered fan engagement and rewards app Socios.com.
“Forged in digital entertainment, the Enjin ecosystem offers incredible opportunities to almost all industries and applications,” said Maxim Blagov, Enjin CEO. “As one of the earliest forms of entertainment, sport is a perfect fit for both our brand and our expanding collection of blockchain gamification use cases.”
“We are delighted to collaborate with Chiliz and explore a new way to gamify sports and esports fan engagement, and we look forward to working with them to produce unique collectibles that fans can cherish and enjoy.”
All Chiliz collectibles will be created using ERC-1155, a bleeding-edge Ethereum token standard developed by Enjin which is used to mint fungible and non-fungible tokens in a single smart contract. Backed by Enjin Coin (ENJ), these collectible assets will be freely tradable on the Enjin Marketplace, and purchasable with both ENJ and $CHZ.
“Earlier this year, we announced a plan to improve and expand the utility of CHZ in 2020 and beyond. We are thrilled to be working with Enjin, the world leader in this space, to bring this to fruition,” said Alexandre Dreyfus, CEO of Chiliz & Socios.com.
“We will also be launching limited-edition licensed collectibles and tokenizing the club-specific rewards and experiences offered through Socios.com. For example, if one of our partner clubs triumphs in their respective league, we can create unique tokens to celebrate the win, as well as tokens to celebrate player achievements or seasonal football prizes.”
The Enjin platform enables businesses across industries to harness the power of next-generation Ethereum assets. Currently, in early access, the platform is already being utilized by prominent organizations like Microsoft, and over 2,500 other projects have already been created on the testnet version. The team has confirmed the platform will launch publicly to Ethereum mainnet this month, allowing any developer or business to mint ENJ-backed blockchain assets with ease.
Chiliz ($CHZ) is a digital currency for sports and entertainment platforms. It fuels the world’s first scalable, tokenized voting platform, Socios.com where fans can buy, trade and execute voting rights in their sports teams. The Chiliz project has raised $66 million from some of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges and leading crypto funds in Asia, including Binance, OK Blockchain Capital, and Ceyuan Ventures. Chiliz is owned by Malta-based Mediarex Group, a global sports and entertainment organisation, which was founded in 2012. In January 2020, Chiliz announced the launch of Chiliz.net, a first-of-its-kind mobile and desktop crypto exchange for sports and entertainment assets.
Socios.com helps football clubs achieve digital transformation through blockchain technology. Socios.com is powered by the Chiliz token ($CHZ), both an ERC20 utility token on the Ethereum blockchain and BEP-2 token on Binance Chain. Fan Tokens are specific to a team or a club, and are a finite, digital asset that provides access to an encrypted, immutable ledger of voting and membership rights ownership. The tokenized fan-voting platform uses Fan Tokens, which operate on a separate permissioned side chain. The Fan Tokens are limited in number, and are fungible, meaning their ownership can be traded, and their price is driven by the market. The venture was inspired by the fan-led management frameworks or ‘socios’ of some major football clubs. Dubbed ‘Socios 2.0’, the platform simply represents the digitisation of this model of management.
In 2009, Enjin launched the Enjin Network, a gaming community platform which boasts over 20 million users. In 2017 following a successful ICO that raised $18.9 million, Enjin began building a suite of blockchain products that enable anyone to easily create, manage, trade, store, explore, distribute, and integrate blockchain assets.
Comprised of the Enjin Platform, Explorer, Wallet, Beam, and other tools and services, Enjin’s tools enable game developers and studios to utilize tokenized digital assets as part of their acquisition, retention, engagement, and monetization strategies. The Enjin ecosystem is fueled by Enjin Coin (ENJ), an Ethereum-based cryptocurrency used to directly back the value of Enjin-powered blockchain assets. For more information, visit https://enjin.io.
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
Also published on Medium.