Blockchain ecosystem developer Enjin has launched the Enjin Platform on the Ethereum Mainnet on the back of a successful ICO that raised $18.9 million in 2017. The company launched a gaming community platform called the Enjin Network in 2009 which boasts over 20 million users.
The ICO allowed Enjin to finance the funding and building of a suite of blockchain products that enable anyone to easily create, manage, trade, store, explore, distribute, and integrate blockchain assets.
This will allow game developers of all experience levels to easily create powerful blockchain assets, manage advanced economic gameplay mechanics, and integrate decentralized inventory into their new and existing apps and games — without any blockchain coding experience.
“With our solutions, we aim to create a more prosperous games market for all, with new forms of social gameplay inspired by life-like economies and mechanics that have never been seen before,” said Maxim Blagov, Enjin CEO. “Our platform is designed to integrate seamlessly into new and existing games alike, providing a competitive edge to studios of all sizes and across all genres.”
Allowing integration of blockchain technology via the world’s most popular programming languages, this launch opens up the powerful proposition of digital asset tokenization to an estimated 26 million developers, including 5.5 million Unity developers via the verified Blockchain SDK for Unity Technologies. By removing the need to learn blockchain coding, this transformative technology is more accessible to developers than ever before.
“For the last 12 years, minting, deploying, and managing blockchain assets has been a challenging process that required specialized knowledge, but this all changes today,” said Enjin CTO Witek Radomski. “We are beyond proud to be able to remove the barriers to blockchain adoption and make this exciting method of value creation available to individuals, developers, and businesses of all experience levels and industries.”
The Enjin platform is a cutting-edge suite of tools and services that natively support the versatile ERC-1155 Ethereum token standard, which developers can use to integrate both fungible and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) in a single smart contract. Created by Radomski and co-authored by several leading Ethereum developers, ERC-1155 gained traction after being adopted as an official token standard by the Ethereum community last year. Designed with efficiency, flexibility, and user-friendliness in mind, it is widely considered a significant advancement to the popular ERC-20 and ERC-721 standards.
To date, more than 2,500 projects adopting ERC-1155 have already been created on the testnet version of the Enjin Platform. This technology also powers Microsoft’s Azure Heroes blockchain-based recognition program, as well as the first-ever blockchain gaming “multiverse,” an interconnected gaming reality with over 40 projects. In the multiverse, players can level-up their items and characters across all participating games and platforms.
The Enjin platform is powered by Enjin Coin (ENJ), a minting resource used to back the value of blockchain assets. By minting assets with the platform, developers lock ENJ into them, which acts as a certificate of authenticity and guarantee of value. Minting activity has been prolific in the early access phase, with over 11 million ENJ locked into 50 million ERC-1155 assets, resulting in over 1% of the total ENJ supply being removed from circulation.
The Enjin team has confirmed its development roadmap for Q2 2020 will include the public release of the Blockchain SDK for Godot, the world’s leading open-source game engine: EnjinCraft, a Minecraft plugin that will allow server owners to integrate full-fledged blockchain economies; and Enjin Beam, a new product enabling simple distribution of blockchain assets via QR code.
Enjin’s unique suite of development tools is designed to create new revenue streams, new marketing and funding mechanisms, and allow studios to meet high-level KPIs for monetization, valuation, virality, recruitment, and retention. Game developers seeking a competitive advantage can access the Enjin Platform right now at enjin.io.
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Launches Virtual Events to Connect Blockchain Community Amidst Global Coronavirus Pandemic - March 25, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Report Positive Results For Multiple Covid-19 Drug Candidates - March 25, 2020
- US Judge Slams Brakes on Telegram Token - March 25, 2020
- Game Development Companies Team Up with Blockchain Operation Forte to Unlock New Business Models for Games - March 24, 2020
- Blockchain Supply Chain Project Envoy teams up with KYC Hub - March 24, 2020
- CoinDCX, India’s Largest Cryptocurrency Exchange, Secures Successful Series A Round Led By Polychain Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and HDR Group, operator of BitMEX - March 24, 2020
- Cartesi Launches Linux Infrastructure For Developing Blockchain DApps - March 24, 2020
- American Company HashCash Consultants Announce Coronavirus Crypto Relief Fund or CFIX - March 23, 2020
Also published on Medium.