Immuno-oncology company that specialises in RNA therapeutics Mateon is teaming up with heavyweight development company Meridian IT to branch into a novel application of AI neural networks and blockchain technologies that will ensure compliance with the FDA while ensuring ROI for manufacturers by slashing labour costs. But most importantly, it will fast track drug manufacturing, which is critical in fighting the current global Coronavirus – Covid-19 crisis.
“Meridian has been a fantastic partner on this groundbreaking project,” said Dr. Vuong Trieu, who serves as Mateon’s CEO. “We are excited to be announcing our first partnership with a major systems integrator with deep expertise in IBM and PointR vision technologies. Together, we are offering a solution that brings pharmaceutical manufacturing into the modern age.”
“Meridian is committed to advancing technologies that create an improved, stress-free experience for our customers. In EdgePoint, we have found a partner who shares our commitment and who can help us bring this enhanced experience to life,” said Michelle Fuller, Vice President of Solutions at Meridian.
“With Meridian, we are creating convenience store fast-lanes where shoppers don’t have time to wait through checkout lines. They can grab a sandwich and soda and be on their way within minutes,” the Chief Business Officer of Mateon, Saran Saund, explained. “The same technology can be deployed to track men and materials in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry increasing data integrity and compliance while reducing labour costs.”
EdgePoint, the AI division of Mateon, was formed after the acquisition of PointR Data, Inc., that specializes in AI machine vision for the retail sector. In retail, the underlying Amazon Go-like technology enables automatic, cashier-less stores, which the EdgePoint team has implemented as a use-case in a convenience store chain with the help of Meridian.
In this project, Meridian powers the underlying platform deploying these retail use cases leveraging AI Vision technologies. Mateon intends to leverage on the AI machine vision technology used in the retail use cases to pharmaceutical manufacturing, especially with our lead product OT-101, which we are testing for coronaviruses, including the current COVID-19.
Under Mateon, this technology will be leveraged to bring drug manufacturing into the modern age. Because of regulatory concerns, much of drug manufacturing is stuck in legacy processes with operating procedures that are largely manual. These practices are inefficient and prone to errors burdened with extra personnel for control. The product is a novel application of AI neural networks and blockchain to ensure compliance with the FDA while ensuring ROI for manufacturers by slashing labour costs.
iBIO Inc, a biologics drug manufacturer, has recently signed an agreement with Mateon to test and deploy the AI machine vision product to automate its shop-floor operating procedures. The companies envisage a revenue relationship post testing period which encompasses a combination of one-time installation fees, monthly subscriptions and transaction fees.
Mateon was created by the recent reverse merger with Oncotelic which became a wholly owned subsidiary of Mateon, creating an immuno-oncology company dedicated to the development of first in class RNA therapeutics as well as small molecule drugs against cancer. OT-101, the lead immune-oncology drug candidate of Mateon/Oncotelic, is a first-in-class RNA therapeutic targeting TGF beta that exhibited single-agent activity in some relapsed/refractory cancer patients in clinical trial settings. The founding team members of Oncotelic were responsible for the development of Abraxane as chemotherapeutic agents for breast, lung, melanoma, and pancreatic cancer. Abraxane was approved in 2005 and has more than $1B in sales annually. The same founding team was responsible for the development of Cynviloq, a next-generation Abraxane, which was acquired by NantPharma for $1.3B. Mateon/Oncotelic will leverage its deep expertise in oncology and RNA therapeutic drug development to improve treatment outcomes and survival of cancer patients. For more information, please visit www.oncotelic.com and www.mateon.com.
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Launches Virtual Events to Connect Blockchain Community Amidst Global Coronavirus Pandemic - March 25, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Report Positive Results For Multiple Covid-19 Drug Candidates - March 25, 2020
- US Judge Slams Brakes on Telegram Token - March 25, 2020
- Game Development Companies Team Up with Blockchain Operation Forte to Unlock New Business Models for Games - March 24, 2020
- Blockchain Supply Chain Project Envoy teams up with KYC Hub - March 24, 2020
- CoinDCX, India’s Largest Cryptocurrency Exchange, Secures Successful Series A Round Led By Polychain Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and HDR Group, operator of BitMEX - March 24, 2020
- Cartesi Launches Linux Infrastructure For Developing Blockchain DApps - March 24, 2020
- American Company HashCash Consultants Announce Coronavirus Crypto Relief Fund or CFIX - March 23, 2020
Also published on Medium.