Michael Terpin‘s global network of cryptocurrency investors is helping to grow the blockchain ecosystem through community events is kicking off BitAngels Virtual Events. During the pandemic, this network of cryptocurrency and blockchain participants will now remain connected and engaged in a virtual online environment, as the Coronavirus pandemic prevents in-person gatherings.
Currently, the global community of BitAngels members already has 15 city chapters in multiple countries.
“In the best interest of BitAngels chapters worldwide, we’re putting in-person meetings on hiatus and returning to our roots as a virtual network founded in 2013,” said Michael Terpin, founder of BitAngels. “These virtual events will allow entrepreneurs to continue to update investors and community members, keeping the global BitAngels community active and thriving through these uncertain times.”
The brainchild of industry leaders Michael Terpin and David Johnston, BitAngels launched in 2013 as the world’s first angel network for digital currency startups. Today, 15 chapters have held in-person meetings, as well as regular online collaboration among investor members, with dozens of companies funded by BitAngel members over the past seven years. Chapters are led by City Leaders, who are tasked with selecting startups to participate and managing each event.
BitAngels Virtual Events will be hosted online in a similar format to in-person BitAngels chapter meetings. During each event, 3-5 companies will present, followed by a keynote speech or panel to discuss current events and industry trends. Anyone is welcome to join each live virtual event, and BitAngels investor members will have access to view each recording afterwards.
In addition, a VIP monthly event hosted by BitAngels HQ will highlight three top-tier companies that were nominated by BitAngels’ global network of city leaders. These events will be open only to BitAngels investor members, who may view the live event or the recording afterwards. The first BitAngels Virtual Event hosted by HQ will take place on April 9, 2020. A full schedule of virtual events for individual chapters will also be listed on the BitAngels website. To learn more and register for an upcoming event, please visit BitAngels.
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Launches Virtual Events to Connect Blockchain Community Amidst Global Coronavirus Pandemic - March 25, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Report Positive Results For Multiple Covid-19 Drug Candidates - March 25, 2020
- US Judge Slams Brakes on Telegram Token - March 25, 2020
- Game Development Companies Team Up with Blockchain Operation Forte to Unlock New Business Models for Games - March 24, 2020
- Blockchain Supply Chain Project Envoy teams up with KYC Hub - March 24, 2020
- CoinDCX, India’s Largest Cryptocurrency Exchange, Secures Successful Series A Round Led By Polychain Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and HDR Group, operator of BitMEX - March 24, 2020
- Cartesi Launches Linux Infrastructure For Developing Blockchain DApps - March 24, 2020
- American Company HashCash Consultants Announce Coronavirus Crypto Relief Fund or CFIX - March 23, 2020
Also published on Medium.