Zen Protocol, a Blockchain built for finance, is announcing its testnet and starting to on–board beta testers. Zen is making secure, peer to peer finance possible on a public Blockchain, removing the need for intermediaries such as banks and brokers.
Current financial systems are centralized, complex, and difficult to access. While established and experienced players can usually deal with the paperwork and bureaucracy, many businesses and individuals find the barriers to entry impossible to overcome.
Potential trades and deals are lost, as these participants in finance are forced to use intermediaries to gain limited access to the system, without the ability to issue assets or even to trade in some asset classes.
Zen allows anyone to create and trade financial products, anytime, anywhere in the world, on a platform secured with a proof-of-work Blockchain. Zen provides users with an open marketplace for options, futures, digital currencies, ETFs, exotics, and many other types of financial instruments.
Built to support a comprehensive financial system, Zen is open, frictionless, and completely decentralized. The Zen Protocol’s reference implementation uses the .NET stack and the F* functional programming language, developed by Inria and Microsoft Research, to power contracts that are provably correct, and that never exhaust network resources.
Unlike other platforms, Zen makes it possible to build smart contracts with real utility, making it viable for them to use real-world data and work without any intermediaries or central control. All assets on Zen are created by contracts, making possible decentralized, automated escrow—meaning that traders on Zen no longer need trusted counterparties.
Zen miners can verify how much computation each contract requires, before ever running it. This allows Zen—unlike competing smart contract platforms—to work without a virtual machine or a resource counter, making contracts in the Zen Protocol as fast to execute as compiled system code.
Additionally, Zen has first class tokens, assets that can be held and transferred without running their issuing contracts. This is a step forward in usability and compatibility from platforms which implement tokens as a second-layer protocol. With Zen, new assets are always usable by any existing or future contract.
The Zen Blockchain is parallel to Bitcoin, with its own POW scheme, but incorporates commitments to the state of Bitcoin’s Blockchain. Every fully verifying Zen node is also a Bitcoin node. This close connection to Bitcoin makes it possible for contracts to sell assets on the Zen Blockchain for bitcoins, for users to create pegged Bitcoin assets on Zen, and for the Zen Protocol itself to use any future sidechain support in the Bitcoin protocol.
Zen Protocol offers:
- Scalability: Off-chain transactions and an active contract set makes the Zen Protocol highly scalable.
- Resilient incentive alignment: The Zen Blockchain is secured by multiple proof-of-work algorithms, with token-holder voting on the balance between them. This creates robust incentives for miners to deliver efficient, reliable security.
- Useful real-world data: A cornerstone of any valuable use-case is connecting to real events and external sources of information. Zen’s solution allows for commercially viable data feeds.
- Security: Zen contracts come with proofs, written in F*, that demonstrate they are free of errors and security vulnerabilities.
- Bounded contracts: Miners know the cost of executing contracts before running them, enabling compiled contracts and a guarantee that transactions only enter the Blockchain when contracts fully, successfully execute
“Tokens are the incentive for mining. We believe in Bitcoin’s model of bootstrapping security via inflation, when the costs would otherwise be carried by the user base,” said Adam Perlow, CEO of Zen Protocol Development. “We are focused on creating a fully decentralized finance platform that offers secure, scalable transactions.”
Learn more by joining the conversation on Telegram: https://t.me/zenprotocol
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017