This week, JAAK, the start-up business working to transform the music and media industries through applying Blockchain technology, announces its first enterprise pilot with Viacom International Media Networks, UK.
“Thanks to guidance and mentorship from Viacom’s Senior Strategy Director, Oli Thomas, and the team at Viacom over the past 10 months, we’ve built a comprehensive understanding of the challenges of managing digital rights at scale. With the pilot, we’re now one step closer to our first public alpha release,” commented JAAK co-founder and CEO Vaughn McKenzie.
The EY Startup Challenge’s ‘Most Innovative Pilot’ winners and Techstars Music first class (2017) alumni, have had an undeniably productive first half of the year. The team crossed the Atlantic for the Techstars program in Los Angeles shortly after revealing their first product, META (the metadata network built on the Blockchain platform Ethereum and its counterpart Swarm, which provides decentralised content storage) in February.
After months of diligence, exploring how to reduce friction and improve the understanding of digital rights, JAAK are now ready to begin announcing their official pilot partners.
The first to be publicly confirmed is the American multinational media conglomerate, Viacom, home to MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Channel 5 and more, who will be working with JAAK to explore micro-licensing and content syndication.
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019