This week, JAAK, the start-up business working to transform the music and media industries through applying Blockchain technology, announces its first enterprise pilot with Viacom International Media Networks, UK.
“Thanks to guidance and mentorship from Viacom’s Senior Strategy Director, Oli Thomas, and the team at Viacom over the past 10 months, we’ve built a comprehensive understanding of the challenges of managing digital rights at scale. With the pilot, we’re now one step closer to our first public alpha release,” commented JAAK co-founder and CEO Vaughn McKenzie.
The EY Startup Challenge’s ‘Most Innovative Pilot’ winners and Techstars Music first class (2017) alumni, have had an undeniably productive first half of the year. The team crossed the Atlantic for the Techstars program in Los Angeles shortly after revealing their first product, META (the metadata network built on the Blockchain platform Ethereum and its counterpart Swarm, which provides decentralised content storage) in February.
After months of diligence, exploring how to reduce friction and improve the understanding of digital rights, JAAK are now ready to begin announcing their official pilot partners.
The first to be publicly confirmed is the American multinational media conglomerate, Viacom, home to MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Channel 5 and more, who will be working with JAAK to explore micro-licensing and content syndication.
- Block Lattice Architecture Or Blockchain? DLT or DAG? Europeans Rally on GDPR-Compliant, Open Source, Cross-Border Framework for Phone Application Development - April 9, 2020
- Canadian Blockchain-Energised Company VitalHub Announces Deployment of COVID-19 Electronic Screening Tool for Long Term Care - April 8, 2020
- Blockchain Powered Immuno-Oncology Company Mateon Claims Anti-Malarial Drug Called Artemisinin, Derived from Asian Medicine Can Help Fight Covid-19 - April 8, 2020
- Auto Manufacturer Tesla To Use Blockchain Technology to Speed Up Shipping Supply Chain - April 8, 2020
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020