This week, JAAK, the start-up business working to transform the music and media industries through applying Blockchain technology, announces its first enterprise pilot with Viacom International Media Networks, UK.
“Thanks to guidance and mentorship from Viacom’s Senior Strategy Director, Oli Thomas, and the team at Viacom over the past 10 months, we’ve built a comprehensive understanding of the challenges of managing digital rights at scale. With the pilot, we’re now one step closer to our first public alpha release,” commented JAAK co-founder and CEO Vaughn McKenzie.
The EY Startup Challenge’s ‘Most Innovative Pilot’ winners and Techstars Music first class (2017) alumni, have had an undeniably productive first half of the year. The team crossed the Atlantic for the Techstars program in Los Angeles shortly after revealing their first product, META (the metadata network built on the Blockchain platform Ethereum and its counterpart Swarm, which provides decentralised content storage) in February.
After months of diligence, exploring how to reduce friction and improve the understanding of digital rights, JAAK are now ready to begin announcing their official pilot partners.
The first to be publicly confirmed is the American multinational media conglomerate, Viacom, home to MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Channel 5 and more, who will be working with JAAK to explore micro-licensing and content syndication.
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020