This week, JAAK, the start-up business working to transform the music and media industries through applying Blockchain technology, announces its first enterprise pilot with Viacom International Media Networks, UK.
“Thanks to guidance and mentorship from Viacom’s Senior Strategy Director, Oli Thomas, and the team at Viacom over the past 10 months, we’ve built a comprehensive understanding of the challenges of managing digital rights at scale. With the pilot, we’re now one step closer to our first public alpha release,” commented JAAK co-founder and CEO Vaughn McKenzie.
The EY Startup Challenge’s ‘Most Innovative Pilot’ winners and Techstars Music first class (2017) alumni, have had an undeniably productive first half of the year. The team crossed the Atlantic for the Techstars program in Los Angeles shortly after revealing their first product, META (the metadata network built on the Blockchain platform Ethereum and its counterpart Swarm, which provides decentralised content storage) in February.
After months of diligence, exploring how to reduce friction and improve the understanding of digital rights, JAAK are now ready to begin announcing their official pilot partners.
The first to be publicly confirmed is the American multinational media conglomerate, Viacom, home to MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Channel 5 and more, who will be working with JAAK to explore micro-licensing and content syndication.
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019