investFeed, the next-generation social investment network that just replaced equities with blockchain based assets, concluded its Token Generation Event (TGE) today, Monday, August 7th at 5am EDT. The TGE closed with contributions totalling 15,038 ETH with a market valuation of $4 million USD. The FEED tokens (IFT), generated through Ethereum based smart contracts, have already been issued to the near 1000 contributors. Founded and launched in 2014 by a pair of seasoned Wall Street traders, investFeed is aiming to be the first to deliver an incentivized marketplace enabling the sharing of cryptocurrency investing ideas, peer to peer insights, market analytics, crowd sentiment, breaking news, and integrated asset portfolio and order management.
CEO of investFeed Ron Chernesky said:
“The amount of community support we have received over the last two weeks has been unbelievable and only reinforces our drive to deliver the best product we can to the cryptocurrency community. When we sought out to create an incentivized, next-generation social investment network for cryptocurrencies, we placed democracy at the center of our mission. That is why we held our token sale: we understood the importance of placing power directly in the hands of the community. Our development team has built the first version of the platform already and it’s receiving great feedback. We are going to keep rolling out advanced features and unlock new functionality; it’s now time to turn this vision into a reality.”
The platform beta, now live, has over fifteen thousand signups, where users are sharing opinions, market sentiment and investing ideas on 235 high-performing, highly liquid cryptocurrencies, each with their own dedicated stream. Comments and messaging functionality is now available on a Twitter-style user interface.
“The strong level of participation reflects a significant market need for a one-stop shop for investors and financial market professionals migrating from the relatively low yield world of stocks, bonds and real estate, to the exciting new world of cryptocurrency. Traditional investors, high-net worth individuals and cryptocurrency enthusiasts now have a better way to participate in, learn about, and benefit from the growing industry, one that we think is primed for extremely rapid ascension across the next decade,” Chernesky said.
investFeed’s new platform launched ahead of schedule, which was originally planned for release 90 days post TGE. The marketplace’s internal utility token will be used to access popular investing ideas, peer-to-peer price predictions, investor insights, activating cryptocurrency alerts, and “Boosting” or promoting individual content.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019