Polymath, a securities token platform, say they want to bring trillions of dollars of securities to the Blockchain by making it easy for financial companies to launch their own securities tokens.
The platform, officially launching on October 1, 2017, will serve as a launch pad for companies looking to create and issue securities tokens by automating the complex legal and technical functions of a token sale. Powered by the Blockchain and smart contract technology, Polymath plans to enable digital tokens to represent shares in traditional financial assets like private equity, stocks, debentures, commodities, VC funds, real estate, royalties, and insurance – assets that function far better as tokens.
The CEO of Polymath and globally recognized Blockchain thought leader Trevor Koverko said:
“Polymath is doing to securities tokens what Ethereum did for app tokens. Our mission is to scale an intuitive platform that breaks down the barriers for issuers to launch new securities tokens in the same way ethereum made it easy for developers to launch new app tokens. At a fraction of the cost and time it currently takes to launch a securities token, Polymath-powered issuers will be able to launch custom tokens that can pay dividends, govern management, conduct proxy votes and collect fees – all while complying with global KYC/AML requirements via smart contract technology.”
From creation, to fundraising, to secondary trading, Polymath’s platform guides issuers like ETFs, Venture Capital firms, and investment funds through the entire process of a successful token launch.
“Applying decentralized properties to real world securities is well overdue; they become far more liquid, fundraising is simpler, settlement is instant, transaction fees are negligible and most importantly, every human being on the planet has access to tokens, including the unbanked,” Koverko added.
Of cryptocurrency’s $170 billion USD market worth, only $50 million USD represents the total security token market capitalization. Experts predict this figure will soar to $10 trillion USD by 2027, and Polymath is positioning itself to be the catalyst for this explosive growth.
“Today, securities like equities, bonds and private equity are the foundation of our modern financial system, and they are all stampeding towards the Blockchain. But rather than sprinkle a bit of Blockchain technology on top of outdated infrastructure, we are building an open source, decentralized framework from the ground up that is accessible to any asset owner looking to gain exposure to the booming cryptocurrency industry. So far, the response from the market has been overwhelming, and it’s enabled us to stack our team with the top minds in the industry,” Koverko says.
Polymath’s advisory board includes CEO of Jaxx and Ethereum Co-founder Anthony Di Iorio; CEO of Litecoin and former COO of Coinbase Charlie Lee; Board Member of the Bitcoin Foundation Bruce Fenton; CEO of ShapeShift Erik Voorhees, and Founder of Tether Craig Sellars.
Polymath aims to become the open-source standard for launching AML/KYC compliant financial securities. Polymath plans to announce its first batch of Polymath-powered issuers, which currently include a top Canadian venture capital fund, a leading tech private equity firm and a high yielding Real Estate Investment Trust. Polymath aims to regularly enable the launch of new securities tokens on its proprietary platform.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017