A new cryptocurrency exchange called Mandarin that proposes to minimise the risks of centralization while acknowledging the benefits of conventional exchanges through the concept of distributed management, has kicked off their Token Sale.
Mandarin began a one-month crowdsale on 29 August 2017 to divide company assets into 1,000,000 Mandarin ERC20 tokens (MNT), distributed among investors, promoters (through bounty programmes) and the developers. In the first week the project raised $300,000.
To minimise early devaluation, only 5% is reserved for promotions, with the same percentage awarded as incentives to early investors. The bulk of the tokens (70%) will be sold during the ICO, while 20% will be locked in the exchange.
Apart from the direct sharing of profits from the exchange, investors who own at least 10 MNT become members of the exchange community, allowing them to participate in the adoption of key decisions on its management. These include:
- introduction of new currency pairs
- expansion of functional capacities
- modification of existing capacities (including maintaining exchange funds for liquidity)
- voting on cold wallet fund withdrawals (with a tentative 35% vote threshold to activate)
Furthermore, the top investors (those owning more than 1% of total or 10,000 MNT) will gain access to an admin panel with expanded statistics on trading, current exchange rates and platform load.
The Mandarin founders say they have attempted a fair pricing formation.
The sale price of 700,000 MNT will be dynamically adjusted based on total amount raised, with an exact price defined after the end of the ICO on 29 September, or until a hard cap of 70,000 ETH is reached.
The exchange plans to launch the exchange in October 2017 and offers zero commissions on all trades to attract new users.
From January 2018, commissions of 0.05% will be applied, after which investors will receive their first weekly distribution of profits in February 2018. A final commission hike to 0.1% will take place in April.
At the start of platform there will be 19 currency pairs across six cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH, DASH, ZEC, LTC, XMR) and three national currencies (USD, RUB, CNY).
The exchange also has plans in 2018 for a premium program, a trading app for smartphones and debit cards.
Centralized exchanges are failing the market
Regulated or otherwise, centralized exchanges suffer from generally poor reputations when it comes to basic service criteria such as customer service, security and reliability. Support response times get lengthier and user funds can disappear in convenient “hacks”.
Power to the people
Mandarin’s goal is to create a unique exchange platform with distributed management. By allowing its users to have a say in the exchange operations, through voting power expressed by ownership of stakes in the exchange, control is no longer concentrated among administrators and owners, but distributed among all stakeholders.
What Mandarin wants
Through a use of simple smart contracts and a voting system, Mandarin aims to address several key shortfalls of exchanges:
- prevent embezzlement of funds by platform administrators
- regulatory intervention in financial transactions
- transparent cold wallets with added security levels such as multi-sig
- democratic selection of new coin listings
At the same time, it attempts to maintain and improve on features that users find most useful on conventional exchanges, such as the ability to conduct margin trading.
The Mandarin ICO
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017