Today’s commonly used travel reward programs need improvement. Travelers are ready for a system that is easy to use and is truly beneficial for the consumer, such as travel points that never expire and the ability to use them at will.
Trippki CEO, Ed Cunningham, has worked in the travel industry for 25 years. Through his experience, he saw a huge gap in hotel to customer relationships because of interference from third-party travel programs like Booking.com and Expedia. He states that, “The golden ticket is to have direct relationships between the customer and the supplier, without the middle person [e.g. Expedia] taking huge commissions.”
Trippki aims to provide a better customer experience when it comes to booking travel, primarily through it’s unique rewards program. These rewards come in the form of TRIP, Trippki’s token, which can then be used in exchange for other cryptocurrencies, booking future hotel stays or in exchange for cash; making for a much more versatile and usable travel-rewards system than what is currently available. Travelers earn TRIP, or a portion of their vacation costs back, by utilizing services at participating hotels, such as dining at hotel restaurants or using spa services.
Hotels on the Trippki platform benefit as well, as their guests are incentivized to use hotel amenities instead of outside vendors, along with developing guest loyalty by offering specialized promotions. Hotels want to communicate with the customer directly, without interference from third-party travel programs, and guests want to be able to really use their reward points. Trippki and their use of Blockchain technology make both of these goals possible.
Trippki is an open, decentralised reward protocol and an incentive alignment system (TRIP token) built on top of Ethereum. Trippki allows hotels to build direct relationships with their customers through a built-in reputation system, so guests can be rewarded for helping to promote the network whether that’s using in-house services, writing reviews or through getting other users onto the platform through the affiliate and referral programs.
Trippki hands the power back to the guest, giving them the freedom to use their travel rewards at will; an alternative to current day travel reward programs. For more information, visit Trippki.com.
- OneFeather and BlocPal to Provide First Nations with Digital Financial Services - July 23, 2019
- Government Committee Wants Total Ban on Cryptocurrencies in India - July 23, 2019
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Historic $224 Million SIM Swap Lawsuit by Crypto Luminary Michael Terpin Against Telco Giant AT&T Mobility - July 23, 2019
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU - July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf - July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched - July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE - July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019