Today’s commonly used travel reward programs need improvement. Travelers are ready for a system that is easy to use and is truly beneficial for the consumer, such as travel points that never expire and the ability to use them at will.
Trippki CEO, Ed Cunningham, has worked in the travel industry for 25 years. Through his experience, he saw a huge gap in hotel to customer relationships because of interference from third-party travel programs like Booking.com and Expedia. He states that, “The golden ticket is to have direct relationships between the customer and the supplier, without the middle person [e.g. Expedia] taking huge commissions.”
Trippki aims to provide a better customer experience when it comes to booking travel, primarily through it’s unique rewards program. These rewards come in the form of TRIP, Trippki’s token, which can then be used in exchange for other cryptocurrencies, booking future hotel stays or in exchange for cash; making for a much more versatile and usable travel-rewards system than what is currently available. Travelers earn TRIP, or a portion of their vacation costs back, by utilizing services at participating hotels, such as dining at hotel restaurants or using spa services.
Hotels on the Trippki platform benefit as well, as their guests are incentivized to use hotel amenities instead of outside vendors, along with developing guest loyalty by offering specialized promotions. Hotels want to communicate with the customer directly, without interference from third-party travel programs, and guests want to be able to really use their reward points. Trippki and their use of Blockchain technology make both of these goals possible.
Trippki is an open, decentralised reward protocol and an incentive alignment system (TRIP token) built on top of Ethereum. Trippki allows hotels to build direct relationships with their customers through a built-in reputation system, so guests can be rewarded for helping to promote the network whether that’s using in-house services, writing reviews or through getting other users onto the platform through the affiliate and referral programs.
Trippki hands the power back to the guest, giving them the freedom to use their travel rewards at will; an alternative to current day travel reward programs. For more information, visit Trippki.com.
- Smartlands to Digitise Own Equity; Unveils Plans For Security Token Offering in the US - December 9, 2019
- ShareRing Partners with Thailand’s new E-Visa System: Mainstream Blockchain Adoption - December 9, 2019
- ELEV8CON adds BBVA, Bumble Bee Foods, State Street, Ticketmaster to Lineup for Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Asset Conference - December 9, 2019
- Mintdice – Playing it Fair with Blockchain - December 9, 2019
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019