Robot Cache, a decentralized video game distribution platform, and Worldwide Asset eXchange (WAX), a blockchain platform for trading online video game assets, today announced a strategic alliance to share cryptocurrencies and cross-promote services. It’s a relationship that will benefit game publishers, developers and gamers alike, according to their press release.
“WAX sees the future of online video game purchases enhanced by smart contracts and blockchain based technology,” said Malcolm CasSelle, President of WAX and CIO of OPSKins, in a statement. “Once publishers and gamers realize the benefit of reduced costs and ease of use to acquire games using WAX on Robot Cache, the industry will never be the same.”
According to the company’s statement the virtual item trading industry is currently fragmented across hundreds of competing marketplaces, each utilizing different business practices tailored to their country and region. The WAX solution is a global virtual item repository that provides a complete, real-time catalog of all items available, leveraged by the security of blockchain technology.
WAX’s press release lists the company’s advisors, they include Ethereum Co-Founder Anthony Di Iorio and “Call of Duty” creator and developer, Dave Anthony.
Robot Cache will offer a competitive, secure distribution approach, continues the statement. Where previously gamers were limited to reselling physical copies of a video game, they can now resell digital games purchased on the Robot Cache platform, using the blockchain, and retain 25 percent of the proceeds, with developers and publishers earning 70 percent. Selling their digital games earns IRON, Robot Cache’s cryptocurrency, which can be used towards the purchase of another platform game. IRON can also be mined and then used to buy games on the platform.
“We’ve been very impressed with the WAX business model and we have a great opportunity to work together to promote our complimentary businesses. WAX has access to millions of gamers throughout the world and we believe we can accelerate our respective growth by working together,” says Lee Jacobson, CEO of Robot Cache.
For more information about Robot Cache, please visit www.robotcache.com.
For more information about WAX, please visit www.wax.io
image: Patrick Brosset/CC
- COSIMO Commits $3m in Seed-Stage Funding to Crypto Startup Oneiro - February 19, 2018
- Wanchain Joins With 22 Others to Form Austin Blockchain Collective - February 16, 2018
- Mosaic: Blockchain Research Network Strives for Objectivity Via Cryptocurrency - February 15, 2018
- WELL Launches Blockchain Healthcare Platform With ICO Imminent - February 14, 2018
- ConsenSys Ventures Leads Investment into BlockFi to Bring Lending to the Cryptoasset Market - February 14, 2018
- iXledger and InsChain Partner to Provide P2P Insurance for China - February 13, 2018
- NYNJA to Launch Customizable Communications App With Blockchain-Based Marketplace and Own Cryptocurrency - February 12, 2018
- World Tokenomic Forum Launches Social Enterprise Venture Fund for Blockchain Related Technologies - February 12, 2018
- Electroneum Announces Partnership With Japanese Crypto Platform Quoine - February 12, 2018
- Is Shyft the KYC Reform We’ve Been Waiting For? Anthony Di Iorio Thinks So - February 8, 2018
- Wikipedia Competitor Everipedia Secures $30m in Funding From Galaxy Digital and Other Strategic Investors - February 8, 2018
- Ripple Partners With LianLian to Power Instant Payments to China - February 7, 2018
- Forbes: The 20 Wealthiest People in Crypto - February 7, 2018
- Current Media Closes $36m Private Sale, Readies Airdrop - February 6, 2018
- Sweetbridge Builds Dual-Token System to Increase Liquidity, Adds Don Tapscott as Advisor - February 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Electroneum: First Cryptocurrency to Join GSMA - February 5, 2018
- BitShares Token Listed on Lykke Exchange - February 5, 2018
- TBSx3 Launches Consortium With Freight Industry Giants to Fight Trade in Fake Goods with Blockchain - February 5, 2018
- Nexus Blockchain Teams up With SingularityNET, the Platform Behind Sophia the Robot - February 5, 2018
- Tokenized Characters for Smart Contract-based Reality Show Launched - February 2, 2018
- Stablecoin Havven Gets set to Airdrop 2 Million Tokens - February 2, 2018
- Venzee and BTL Team up to Simplify Blockchain Integration - February 2, 2018
- First Satellite in Spacechain’s Blockchain Network is set for Launch - February 1, 2018
- SEC Halts AriseBank ICO, Alleges Scam - January 30, 2018
- Hayver leverages blockchain to fight addiction - January 30, 2018
- IoT Platform MyBit Partners With Alpine for Sustainable Mining - January 30, 2018
- Midex Launches Crypto Exchange With Free Bitcoin - January 29, 2018
- æternity and Erlang Team up to Tackle Blockchain Scalability - January 29, 2018
- Robot Cache and WAX Form Strategic Alliance, Target Game Industry With Blockchain - January 25, 2018
- Asset-backed Stablecoin TrueUSD Launches - January 25, 2018
- Siglo’s Protocol for Free Mobile Airtime Launches on Ethereum Blockchain - January 23, 2018