Robot Cache, a decentralized video game distribution platform, and Worldwide Asset eXchange (WAX), a blockchain platform for trading online video game assets, today announced a strategic alliance to share cryptocurrencies and cross-promote services. It’s a relationship that will benefit game publishers, developers and gamers alike, according to their press release.
“WAX sees the future of online video game purchases enhanced by smart contracts and blockchain based technology,” said Malcolm CasSelle, President of WAX and CIO of OPSKins, in a statement. “Once publishers and gamers realize the benefit of reduced costs and ease of use to acquire games using WAX on Robot Cache, the industry will never be the same.”
According to the company’s statement the virtual item trading industry is currently fragmented across hundreds of competing marketplaces, each utilizing different business practices tailored to their country and region. The WAX solution is a global virtual item repository that provides a complete, real-time catalog of all items available, leveraged by the security of blockchain technology.
WAX’s press release lists the company’s advisors, they include Ethereum Co-Founder Anthony Di Iorio and “Call of Duty” creator and developer, Dave Anthony.
Robot Cache will offer a competitive, secure distribution approach, continues the statement. Where previously gamers were limited to reselling physical copies of a video game, they can now resell digital games purchased on the Robot Cache platform, using the blockchain, and retain 25 percent of the proceeds, with developers and publishers earning 70 percent. Selling their digital games earns IRON, Robot Cache’s cryptocurrency, which can be used towards the purchase of another platform game. IRON can also be mined and then used to buy games on the platform.
“We’ve been very impressed with the WAX business model and we have a great opportunity to work together to promote our complimentary businesses. WAX has access to millions of gamers throughout the world and we believe we can accelerate our respective growth by working together,” says Lee Jacobson, CEO of Robot Cache.
For more information about Robot Cache, please visit www.robotcache.com.
For more information about WAX, please visit www.wax.io
image: Patrick Brosset/CC
- Wanchain CEO Jack Lu: Why 2.0 is a Milestone for the Entire Blockchain Industry - July 23, 2018
- Hit the Road, Jack. Wanchain 2.0 and WanLabs Kick Off European Tour - July 20, 2018
- Peter Gabriel Backs British Blockchain Startup Provenance - July 18, 2018
- Bitfinex CEO Hits Back at Fraud Expert’s Study Linking Tether to Crypto Price Manipulation - June 13, 2018
- Pundi X Moves Into Europe - June 5, 2018
- Dying for Crypto: The Ultimate ICO Publicity Stunt? - May 25, 2018
- Blockchain City Dubai Hosts Showstopping Summit, Unveils Registry to Expedite Business - May 8, 2018
- Crypto Tax: Victory for Tokenized Protest & Calls for Worldwide Reform - April 26, 2018
- Taking the Temperature at London’s Blockchain Expo 2018 - April 24, 2018
- Death Knell for Crypto in Poland? Poles Mobilze to Protest Crippling Tax Law - April 11, 2018
- Taiwan’s NOWnews Announces Plan to Launch Blockchain-Based Media Platform - April 3, 2018
- Study on 100 ICOs Identifies Social Reach, No. Of Advisors and a Raise of $10M as Key Factors for Success - April 2, 2018
- Exchange Group TMX Issues Guidance to Crypto and Blockchain Issuers - March 30, 2018
- DeepMind’s AI Pioneers Launch Fetch.ai – the World’s First Smart Ledger - March 29, 2018
- Kleros Joins Forces with Dether to Launch Decentralized Arbitration for Cryptocurrency Traders - March 26, 2018
- Future Crypto: 7 Clean Sneaks Past China’s ICO Ban - March 26, 2018
- Proxeus & Mount10 Partner to Provide Military-Grade Storage Security - March 22, 2018
- Playboy Pounces on Blockchain, Plans Crypto Wallet - March 14, 2018
- Crypto Leaders Speak out as US Regulatory Uncertainty Around ICOs Continues - March 9, 2018
- EU Proposes Pan-European Licensing Plan for ICOs - March 8, 2018