Last Tuesday a report in the DCE Brief revealed that since launching in 2012, a large investment of $52 million has already been provided by Boost VC to blockchain startups. According to the report, these investment funds have been attributed to 52 different startups.
Startup accelerator and business Incubator
Boost VC, is a California-based small business incubator and a new age startup accelerator. Since 2012, the incubator has been dedicated to supporting entrepreneurs using emerging technologies to give life to innovative projects. Boost VC have built a community of entrepreneurs, mentors, investors and thought leaders around Digital Reality and Bitcoin to help the industry growth.
The company provides funding, housing and office space to allow new startups to dedicate 100% on their projects. Boost VC believes the most disruptive sectors are Bitcoin and Digital Reality. That’s why it is extremely committed to empower the development of companies who will build the future for these industries and tomorrow’s business models.
Blockchain is going mainstream
During this year, several of the most revered financial institutions announced their interest in supporting innovation and researching this new technology. Last week alone, 13 major banks such as Citi Bank or Bank of America joined a group of institutions supporting initiatives to explore the blockchain technology.
The blockchain technology has become the newest hype in payments innovation to Banks and fintech investors, as they believe it could streamline B2B cross-border payments. As more and more companies and other institutions start to study and research the blockchain technology seems to be going mainstream.
As a result of all this investment, a new breed of startups is pushing this new industry to the limits and is quickly harnessing a trend of new development and innovation while making it more accessible to an increasingly larger audience.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019