Ronny Boesing of Danish exchange CCEDK and Justin Fondriest, founder of Beyond Bitcoin, have joined forces for Sharebits – a new disruptive blockchain-based social media tipping platform. It offers individuals, businesses and NGOs the ability to leverage blockchain technology for viral marketing, by distributing crypto tokens easily created on OpenLedger via social media including Twitter and Reddit.
“It would take just three seconds for any of the world’s humanitarian organisations– WFP, CARE, OXFAM, IFRC, AAH, and so on – to transfer money across the globe using Twitter or other social media. Supporters could donate to needy parties after a mudslide or earthquake, with well over 90% of value reaching its intended destination, something unheard of in with our present infrastructure”, the press release said.
The service will benefit businesses/organisations by enabling them to reward loyal customers and supporters by distributing crypto tokens to them. They can then redeem these for products and services, or send them to friends and family, thereby attracting new customers to the business.
“Sharebits.io will make tip-bot facilities available to businesses and individuals who want to distribute cryptocurrency tokens as part of their marketing and engagement strategies”, the press release said.
It is built on second-generation cryptocurrency platform Bitshares, and enables anyone to send tokens from social media account and have them arrive within seconds. The service currently supports Twitter, Reddit and URL links to deliver tokens, and with the introduction of an open-source API, it will be able to support any social network or forum wanted by developers.
Moreover, OpenLedger’s decentralized exchange and blockchain creation platform makes it possible for anyone to create crypto tokens to be virally distributed through Twitter, Reddit and URLs on ShareBits. These user created tokens as well as ShareBits can be exchanged for Bitcoin, BitShares, and other cryptocurrencies, as well as fiat such as USD and EUR through OpenLedger’s decentralized exchange platform.
Based on MIT-licensed Graphene technology, the service offers new opportunities for innovators in this space by simplifying sending and receiving cryptographically secured tokens. The possible use-cases exceed much beyond the conventional consumer marketing strategies.
- Blythe Masters Resigns as CEO of Digital Asset - December 18, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures Uses Ravencoin Blockchain for Equity Purchase in Chainstone Labs – Completes $3.6 Million Securities Token Transfer - December 18, 2018
- Despite Market Downturn – eToro Survey Reveals Strong Interest in Cryptoasset Education - December 18, 2018
- BlockIMMO brings Blockchain Technology Platform to Tokenize Fractional Real Estate Investment - December 17, 2018
- Algorand Appoints Dual Ph.D. Rock Star Pablo Azar as Chief Economist - December 17, 2018
- Dascoin – Anatomy of Multilevel Marketing Crypto Scam – Coinmarketcap Zero - December 17, 2018
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018
- XYO Network to Launch of Blockchain Satellite on SpaceX Falcon 9 - December 11, 2018
- Algo Capital to Invest In Promising Companies Built on Algorand Platform – Announces $100 Million Blockchain Fund - December 11, 2018
- Stackr Taps into AI For Investment Solutions to Power a New Savings Solution - December 11, 2018
- Walt Disney Company Cuts Deal with Blockchain-fueled PlayGame.com to Bring Games to Southeast Asian Fans - December 11, 2018
- Huobi Releases New Derivative Market On Huobi Global - December 11, 2018
- Ledger Expands to New York City - November 26, 2018
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018