Ronny Boesing of Danish exchange CCEDK and Justin Fondriest, founder of Beyond Bitcoin, have joined forces for Sharebits – a new disruptive blockchain-based social media tipping platform. It offers individuals, businesses and NGOs the ability to leverage blockchain technology for viral marketing, by distributing crypto tokens easily created on OpenLedger via social media including Twitter and Reddit.
“It would take just three seconds for any of the world’s humanitarian organisations– WFP, CARE, OXFAM, IFRC, AAH, and so on – to transfer money across the globe using Twitter or other social media. Supporters could donate to needy parties after a mudslide or earthquake, with well over 90% of value reaching its intended destination, something unheard of in with our present infrastructure”, the press release said.
The service will benefit businesses/organisations by enabling them to reward loyal customers and supporters by distributing crypto tokens to them. They can then redeem these for products and services, or send them to friends and family, thereby attracting new customers to the business.
“Sharebits.io will make tip-bot facilities available to businesses and individuals who want to distribute cryptocurrency tokens as part of their marketing and engagement strategies”, the press release said.
It is built on second-generation cryptocurrency platform Bitshares, and enables anyone to send tokens from social media account and have them arrive within seconds. The service currently supports Twitter, Reddit and URL links to deliver tokens, and with the introduction of an open-source API, it will be able to support any social network or forum wanted by developers.
Moreover, OpenLedger’s decentralized exchange and blockchain creation platform makes it possible for anyone to create crypto tokens to be virally distributed through Twitter, Reddit and URLs on ShareBits. These user created tokens as well as ShareBits can be exchanged for Bitcoin, BitShares, and other cryptocurrencies, as well as fiat such as USD and EUR through OpenLedger’s decentralized exchange platform.
Based on MIT-licensed Graphene technology, the service offers new opportunities for innovators in this space by simplifying sending and receiving cryptographically secured tokens. The possible use-cases exceed much beyond the conventional consumer marketing strategies.
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018
- Ripple Unveils Ripple for Good, Plans $100 Million Philanthropy Fund - September 27, 2018
- Electroneum Roars into Top 50 cryptocurrencies - September 27, 2018
- Zcoin Implements Dandelion – Better Privacy on the Blockchain - September 26, 2018
- Leading Global Wealth Management Firm, The Geneva Management Group (GMG) Announces Launch Of New Cryptocurrency Advice Desk - September 25, 2018
- BlockSafe Technologies Rolling out SEC Compliant Security Token Offering - September 25, 2018
- Global Banks Testing Blockchain to Speed up Transactions – 75 join Interbank Information Network (IIN) - September 25, 2018
- ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for BWF Victor Korea Open - September 25, 2018
- China’s Crypto Mining Behemoth Backs Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 season - September 20, 2018
- Humanitarian Blockchain Project Humaniq Doubles Number of Nations Where it Brings Better Options for Unbanked - September 20, 2018
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018