Mizuho Financial Group, one of the leading financial institutions in the world, has been involved in the blockchain space for quite some time now. The financial services giant joined the R3 blockchain consortium last November, and recently collaborated with Cognizant to develop blockchain solutions.
“We deepen understanding of these advanced technologies through this experiment, and aim to create the new service models which bring financial innovation”, he said
According to recent reports, Mizuho has announced a second blockchain technology trial to be focused on syndicated loans. For the project, the company is joining forces with Information Services International-Dentsu (ISID), blockchain startup Currency Port and Microsoft Japan Co, the local subsidiary of the US tech giant, CoinDesk reported.
ISID has been focusing on blockchain research. It will bring its extensive experience to the trial and verify the applicability of the blockchain technology to the banking business. ISID corporate communications officer Kayoko Lee told CoinDesk that the project is still in early stages, as the partners seek first to “verify the applicability” of the technology to the post-trade process using Microsoft’s blockchain-as-a-service (BaaS) offering.
Currency Port provides multi-currency support for “over-the-counter settlement” and as offers a variety of API for “person-to-person money transfer”, “currency exchange”. It has been conducting in-house study sessions based on blockchain technology and has been participating in various blockchain-based seminars and events.
Microsoft Japan offers Azure Blockchain as a Service (Azure BaaS) to support the development of solutions using the blockchain technology in the cloud platform Microsoft Azure, the press release said.
- Report: The State of Stablecoins 2019 Hype vs. Reality in the Race for Stable, Global, Digital Money - February 21, 2019
- Securitize and OTCXN Team Up to Deliver Non-Custodial End-to-End Digital Security Offering Service - February 20, 2019
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019