Mizuho Financial Group, one of the leading financial institutions in the world, has been involved in the blockchain space for quite some time now. The financial services giant joined the R3 blockchain consortium last November, and recently collaborated with Cognizant to develop blockchain solutions.
“We deepen understanding of these advanced technologies through this experiment, and aim to create the new service models which bring financial innovation”, he said
According to recent reports, Mizuho has announced a second blockchain technology trial to be focused on syndicated loans. For the project, the company is joining forces with Information Services International-Dentsu (ISID), blockchain startup Currency Port and Microsoft Japan Co, the local subsidiary of the US tech giant, CoinDesk reported.
ISID has been focusing on blockchain research. It will bring its extensive experience to the trial and verify the applicability of the blockchain technology to the banking business. ISID corporate communications officer Kayoko Lee told CoinDesk that the project is still in early stages, as the partners seek first to “verify the applicability” of the technology to the post-trade process using Microsoft’s blockchain-as-a-service (BaaS) offering.
Currency Port provides multi-currency support for “over-the-counter settlement” and as offers a variety of API for “person-to-person money transfer”, “currency exchange”. It has been conducting in-house study sessions based on blockchain technology and has been participating in various blockchain-based seminars and events.
Microsoft Japan offers Azure Blockchain as a Service (Azure BaaS) to support the development of solutions using the blockchain technology in the cloud platform Microsoft Azure, the press release said.
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020