Mizuho Financial Group, one of the leading financial institutions in the world, has been involved in the blockchain space for quite some time now. The financial services giant joined the R3 blockchain consortium last November, and recently collaborated with Cognizant to develop blockchain solutions.
“We deepen understanding of these advanced technologies through this experiment, and aim to create the new service models which bring financial innovation”, he said
According to recent reports, Mizuho has announced a second blockchain technology trial to be focused on syndicated loans. For the project, the company is joining forces with Information Services International-Dentsu (ISID), blockchain startup Currency Port and Microsoft Japan Co, the local subsidiary of the US tech giant, CoinDesk reported.
ISID has been focusing on blockchain research. It will bring its extensive experience to the trial and verify the applicability of the blockchain technology to the banking business. ISID corporate communications officer Kayoko Lee told CoinDesk that the project is still in early stages, as the partners seek first to “verify the applicability” of the technology to the post-trade process using Microsoft’s blockchain-as-a-service (BaaS) offering.
Currency Port provides multi-currency support for “over-the-counter settlement” and as offers a variety of API for “person-to-person money transfer”, “currency exchange”. It has been conducting in-house study sessions based on blockchain technology and has been participating in various blockchain-based seminars and events.
Microsoft Japan offers Azure Blockchain as a Service (Azure BaaS) to support the development of solutions using the blockchain technology in the cloud platform Microsoft Azure, the press release said.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019