Mizuho Financial Group, one of the leading financial institutions in the world, has been involved in the blockchain space for quite some time now. The financial services giant joined the R3 blockchain consortium last November, and recently collaborated with Cognizant to develop blockchain solutions.
“We deepen understanding of these advanced technologies through this experiment, and aim to create the new service models which bring financial innovation”, he said
According to recent reports, Mizuho has announced a second blockchain technology trial to be focused on syndicated loans. For the project, the company is joining forces with Information Services International-Dentsu (ISID), blockchain startup Currency Port and Microsoft Japan Co, the local subsidiary of the US tech giant, CoinDesk reported.
ISID has been focusing on blockchain research. It will bring its extensive experience to the trial and verify the applicability of the blockchain technology to the banking business. ISID corporate communications officer Kayoko Lee told CoinDesk that the project is still in early stages, as the partners seek first to “verify the applicability” of the technology to the post-trade process using Microsoft’s blockchain-as-a-service (BaaS) offering.
Currency Port provides multi-currency support for “over-the-counter settlement” and as offers a variety of API for “person-to-person money transfer”, “currency exchange”. It has been conducting in-house study sessions based on blockchain technology and has been participating in various blockchain-based seminars and events.
Microsoft Japan offers Azure Blockchain as a Service (Azure BaaS) to support the development of solutions using the blockchain technology in the cloud platform Microsoft Azure, the press release said.
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019