Mizuho Financial Group, one of the leading financial institutions in the world, has been involved in the blockchain space for quite some time now. The financial services giant joined the R3 blockchain consortium last November, and recently collaborated with Cognizant to develop blockchain solutions.
“We deepen understanding of these advanced technologies through this experiment, and aim to create the new service models which bring financial innovation”, he said
According to recent reports, Mizuho has announced a second blockchain technology trial to be focused on syndicated loans. For the project, the company is joining forces with Information Services International-Dentsu (ISID), blockchain startup Currency Port and Microsoft Japan Co, the local subsidiary of the US tech giant, CoinDesk reported.
ISID has been focusing on blockchain research. It will bring its extensive experience to the trial and verify the applicability of the blockchain technology to the banking business. ISID corporate communications officer Kayoko Lee told CoinDesk that the project is still in early stages, as the partners seek first to “verify the applicability” of the technology to the post-trade process using Microsoft’s blockchain-as-a-service (BaaS) offering.
Currency Port provides multi-currency support for “over-the-counter settlement” and as offers a variety of API for “person-to-person money transfer”, “currency exchange”. It has been conducting in-house study sessions based on blockchain technology and has been participating in various blockchain-based seminars and events.
Microsoft Japan offers Azure Blockchain as a Service (Azure BaaS) to support the development of solutions using the blockchain technology in the cloud platform Microsoft Azure, the press release said.
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018
- XYO Network to Launch of Blockchain Satellite on SpaceX Falcon 9 - December 11, 2018
- Algo Capital to Invest In Promising Companies Built on Algorand Platform – Announces $100 Million Blockchain Fund - December 11, 2018
- Stackr Taps into AI For Investment Solutions to Power a New Savings Solution - December 11, 2018
- Walt Disney Company Cuts Deal with Blockchain-fueled PlayGame.com to Bring Games to Southeast Asian Fans - December 11, 2018
- Huobi Releases New Derivative Market On Huobi Global - December 11, 2018
- Ledger Expands to New York City - November 26, 2018
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018
- Enjin Smart Wallet Update Will Allow Users To Melt & Send ERC-1155 Tokens - October 26, 2018
- Crypto-Friendly Gallery HOFA Launches in Los Angeles With Qvantum Exhibition - October 26, 2018
- Blockchain Company WePower Announces Plans to Tokenize Estonian Power Grid - October 25, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures, Buys into Crypto Social Network, Minds - October 24, 2018
- Xfinite to release new Blockchain content platform - October 24, 2018
- Omnitude set to transform enterprise business with the move of its ECOM token to Stellar and the introduction of micropayments to users - October 24, 2018