BuyCo.io, the world’s first decentralised commerce (dCommerce) marketplace for the masses, today announces a new form of collective purchasing using permissioned distributed ledgers and smart contracts, that allows groups of people and independent businesses to collectively purchase directly from suppliers.
“Traditionally, buying cooperatives are time and labour intensive to set-up and run. BuyCo.io gets buyers set-up in a matter of seconds, and the entire process from order processing, supplier management, governance, escrow and payment processing are all fully automated through smart contracts built on Ethereum blockchain technology,” said Founder Jamie Burke.
BuyCo.io brings huge efficiencies to the world of ecommerce and procurement, lowering barriers to entry and offers a new form of digital commerce beyond traditional ecommerce. Powered by Uphold, the world’s fastest growing cloud-based financial service platform, BuyCo.io removes most of the costs associated with centralised e-commerce like Amazon and Alibaba, freeing up to as much as 15 percent margin on cross-border trading and transactions.
Built on Uphold Connect, Uphold’s open API, BuyCo.io allows individuals and businesses to hold value in any of 25 currencies, convert money instantly at the mid-market rate and send money in any denomination or amount to anyone in the world, instantly and for free.
“We are thrilled to be a part of another industry first, and having BuyCo.io’s dCommerce marketplace be powered by Uphold means instant payments to suppliers and improved liquidity for the benefit of all parties,” said Byrne Reese, Vice President of Product Success, Uphold. “BuyCo.io is an excellent example of how blockchain technologies are going to be reshaping the future of consumer-driven business, bringing to the masses more efficient, cost-effective purchasing power, almost eliminating legacy complexities, such as currency conversion and money transfer.”
Collective purchasing is when a group of people get together to procure goods or services from one or more vendors on an ad hoc or ongoing basis. The large bulk of collective purchasing happens through what are known as ‘buying cooperatives’ or ‘procurement coops’ which can be made up of consumers, retailers or wholesalers. They do so with the explicit aim of sourcing more competitively both on price, terms and service. Whilst levels of commitment vary it is generally with the ambition of repeat business on both sides.
The approach further builds upon the culture of the Sharing Economy but is better aligned to the principles of the traditional cooperative movement where BuyCo’s put the needs of their members first before a third party. It is possible to setup and run a BuyCo entirely for free with revenues planned to be generated from associated services such as trade financing and insurance.
Unlike Amazon, BuyCo.io doesn’t retail goods themselves. BuyCo.io is the creator and operator of code that connects suppliers quickly and efficiently to buyers with minimal friction and expense. This means they remove any potential for channel conflict entirely.
BuyCo Services Ltd. is now raising further funds to commercially exploit and scale the opportunity as well as grow the senior management team.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019