According to the Wall Street Journal, the R3 CEV Blockchain consortium completed its biggest test yet of online distributed ledger systems, the organization is due to announce Wednesday. Forty banks tested five Blockchain vendors and three cloud providers, to see how different combinations handled simulated transactions in commercial paper.
The consortium of the world’s biggest banks has completed their second known proof of concept experiment of Blockchain technology and with this time, trials spanned five different Blockchain solutions.
“This is the first time many ledgers have been run in parallel by many institutions in a rigorous, scientific way,” said Tim Grant, R3’s managing director and global head of its collaboration lab, in an interview with CIO Journal.
The tests pointed to areas CIOs should evaluate before choosing vendors, Mr. Grant said.
For example, some ledger architectures allow for more complex transactions than others, he said. “It’s not clear there’s a well-defined playbook in how to evaluate these technologies side by side. We want to help bring that clarity,” he said.
Next, R3 plans to conduct similar tests with the participation of government regulators and tests for integrating blockchains with banks’ legacy transaction systems, Mr. Grant said.
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018
- Enjin Smart Wallet Update Will Allow Users To Melt & Send ERC-1155 Tokens - October 26, 2018
- Crypto-Friendly Gallery HOFA Launches in Los Angeles With Qvantum Exhibition - October 26, 2018
- Blockchain Company WePower Announces Plans to Tokenize Estonian Power Grid - October 25, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures, Buys into Crypto Social Network, Minds - October 24, 2018
- Xfinite to release new Blockchain content platform - October 24, 2018
- Omnitude set to transform enterprise business with the move of its ECOM token to Stellar and the introduction of micropayments to users - October 24, 2018
- Nem, Proximax, And Pundi X Join Growing List Of Sportsfix Sponsor Partners - October 23, 2018
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018