The Computerised Life Events Assessment Record (CLEAR) project announced that it has begun recording information relevant to clinical trials on the MetroGnomo mutual distributed ledger (aka Blockchain). The CLEAR project – led by Professor Antonia Bifulco – is developing an interactive online method for measuring stress based on life changes, events and ongoing difficulties. The distributed ledger is a development of Z/Yen’s metrognomo.com open-source timestamp service.
MetroGnomo provides an unchangeable authoritative record of trials data. Proof that a given piece of information exists is logged by a network of receivers to guarantee persistence and incorruptibility without revealing the information itself. Channel Island government, the States of Alderney, have agreed to operate a receiver until 2021 and to oversee MetroGnomo’s integrity.
Bob McDowall, Chairman of the Policy Finance Committee of the States of Alderney, noted:
“Logging and recoding clinical trials as a publicly available record is a very tangible evidence of the dynamic but simple uses of distributed ledgers.”
The use of a distributed ledger allows scientific studies to benefit from more transparent data collection. Advanced applications utilize public-private key cryptography to grant access to the underlying data. Smart contracts can facilitate time or use limited access and revocability.
Professor Antonia Bifulco, CLEAR Principal Investigator, elaborated:
“Whilst distributed ledgers facilitate robust records worthy of trust, they also provide a straightforward channel to distribute operational data. This removes the need to grant external staff or auditors with access to sensitive onsite systems.”
Executive Chairman Professor Michael Mainelli stated:
“Z/Yen is actively working with a number of other parties within the clinical trials and medical records space. Future developments include health information, such as patient prescriptions, scans and medical passports.”
MetroGnomo is handling over 20,000 clinical interactions each working day.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019