The Computerised Life Events Assessment Record (CLEAR) project announced that it has begun recording information relevant to clinical trials on the MetroGnomo mutual distributed ledger (aka Blockchain). The CLEAR project – led by Professor Antonia Bifulco – is developing an interactive online method for measuring stress based on life changes, events and ongoing difficulties. The distributed ledger is a development of Z/Yen’s metrognomo.com open-source timestamp service.
MetroGnomo provides an unchangeable authoritative record of trials data. Proof that a given piece of information exists is logged by a network of receivers to guarantee persistence and incorruptibility without revealing the information itself. Channel Island government, the States of Alderney, have agreed to operate a receiver until 2021 and to oversee MetroGnomo’s integrity.
Bob McDowall, Chairman of the Policy Finance Committee of the States of Alderney, noted:
“Logging and recoding clinical trials as a publicly available record is a very tangible evidence of the dynamic but simple uses of distributed ledgers.”
The use of a distributed ledger allows scientific studies to benefit from more transparent data collection. Advanced applications utilize public-private key cryptography to grant access to the underlying data. Smart contracts can facilitate time or use limited access and revocability.
Professor Antonia Bifulco, CLEAR Principal Investigator, elaborated:
“Whilst distributed ledgers facilitate robust records worthy of trust, they also provide a straightforward channel to distribute operational data. This removes the need to grant external staff or auditors with access to sensitive onsite systems.”
Executive Chairman Professor Michael Mainelli stated:
“Z/Yen is actively working with a number of other parties within the clinical trials and medical records space. Future developments include health information, such as patient prescriptions, scans and medical passports.”
MetroGnomo is handling over 20,000 clinical interactions each working day.
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018
- XYO Network to Launch of Blockchain Satellite on SpaceX Falcon 9 - December 11, 2018
- Algo Capital to Invest In Promising Companies Built on Algorand Platform – Announces $100 Million Blockchain Fund - December 11, 2018
- Stackr Taps into AI For Investment Solutions to Power a New Savings Solution - December 11, 2018
- Walt Disney Company Cuts Deal with Blockchain-fueled PlayGame.com to Bring Games to Southeast Asian Fans - December 11, 2018
- Huobi Releases New Derivative Market On Huobi Global - December 11, 2018
- Ledger Expands to New York City - November 26, 2018
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018
- Enjin Smart Wallet Update Will Allow Users To Melt & Send ERC-1155 Tokens - October 26, 2018
- Crypto-Friendly Gallery HOFA Launches in Los Angeles With Qvantum Exhibition - October 26, 2018
- Blockchain Company WePower Announces Plans to Tokenize Estonian Power Grid - October 25, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures, Buys into Crypto Social Network, Minds - October 24, 2018
- Xfinite to release new Blockchain content platform - October 24, 2018
- Omnitude set to transform enterprise business with the move of its ECOM token to Stellar and the introduction of micropayments to users - October 24, 2018