Blockchain Technologies has announced that it will be the sole provider of balloted election services to the 2016 Libertarian Party of Texas State Convention. The convention will take place in San Antonio and runs from April 8-10.
The convention is comprised of four distinct elections: Candidates for Statewide Office, Candidates for Delegates to the Libertarian National Convention, Candidates for Statewide Officers, and the State Libertarian Executive Committee. The last election includes 60 positions and is voted on by region according to State Senate districts.
BTC’s cutting edge patent pending election system process uses the blockchain for an extra level of security not found in any other voting solution. Because blockchain-based records are time-stamped and signed, post-election fraud is rendered virtually impossible. The voting process begins with tried and true paper ballots. This removes any voter confusion about how to properly vote and ensures that from the onset there is an indisputable audit trail, as physical paper ballots remain the ultimate document of record.
The innovation happens once the votes are counted by BTC’s proprietary ballot scanning software. A snapshot of election results are instantly uploaded to the blockchain at the time they are tabulated, allowing for a transparent, independently-verifiable audit trail that enhances and backs up the paper ballot records.
LPTexas is the third largest political party in the state of Texas, and the only one that is consistently committed to a platform of peace, prosperity, and freedom for all Americans. For more information on the party’s convention, visit the event’s official website: libertynow.org.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019