Solomon Adekale, filmmaker crypto-currency entrepreneur and founder of Sollywood TV and the New Money project, first recognised the Hollywood pricing problem when he was studying in film school:
“Back in film school, I realized the pricing nonsense of Hollywood didn’t actually start at the top, it started at the very bottom with us; student filmmakers. ‘From the very first day we start shelling out thousands of dollars for that education not once are we taught that our films are worth anything but the fee we have to pay to have them shown at someone else’s film festival. It should be worth something. And that’s sort of how it hit me…”
His answer was: a free market where any content creator or provider could sell their content at a price that viewers would be prepared to pay, whether that was $7.99 or $0.07 – or even way less. The platform would take a 10-20% fee, and the rest would go to the creator or provider. That’s unheard of in the industry.
The New Money project will be partnering with Cryptonomex, OpenLedger, ShareBits and the Muse project for the upcoming technical development. They are set to begin production on the video in April showing how New Money will challenge and disrupt Cable’s $200 billion business model.
As typical of most crypto-currency projects, Solomon and his New Money project partners will be launching a pre-sale token to help reach their short and long term goals.
This token is called SoLCerts. It is essentially a crypto-currency token that represents a future Sollar or 100 $ense today. The token has been created as a way to exchange future Sollars today in exchange for top crypto-currencies like Bitcoin, Ether, Bitshares and more.
The initial 14 days presale auction is handled on OpenLedger account name ccedk.escrow2 by the emerging escrow services offered by CCEDK ApS, the registrar of OpenLedger – the world’s first decentralized conglomerate.
They are being auctioned for less than Sollars’ exchange rate value to the Dollar. 100% of all funds raised from the SOLCERT auction will go towards promoting and achieving a successful new model for content creators to sell their work.
To learn more about the SolCertpresaleplease visit SollywoodTV’s bitcointalkthread at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1407719.0
To create an OpenLedgeraccount and participate in the crowdsale please go to: https://openledger.info
To read more about SollywoodTV and the New Money project please go to: https://medium.com/@sollarsandsense/new-money-can-this-really-be-the-final-nail-in-cable-tv-s-coffin-b8727d74e55a#.96s3tirzl
Watch the New Money explainer video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjqUQtuLUAk
Follow New Money on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/newmoney777/
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019