Solomon Adekale, filmmaker crypto-currency entrepreneur and founder of Sollywood TV and the New Money project, first recognised the Hollywood pricing problem when he was studying in film school:
“Back in film school, I realized the pricing nonsense of Hollywood didn’t actually start at the top, it started at the very bottom with us; student filmmakers. ‘From the very first day we start shelling out thousands of dollars for that education not once are we taught that our films are worth anything but the fee we have to pay to have them shown at someone else’s film festival. It should be worth something. And that’s sort of how it hit me…”
His answer was: a free market where any content creator or provider could sell their content at a price that viewers would be prepared to pay, whether that was $7.99 or $0.07 – or even way less. The platform would take a 10-20% fee, and the rest would go to the creator or provider. That’s unheard of in the industry.
The New Money project will be partnering with Cryptonomex, OpenLedger, ShareBits and the Muse project for the upcoming technical development. They are set to begin production on the video in April showing how New Money will challenge and disrupt Cable’s $200 billion business model.
As typical of most crypto-currency projects, Solomon and his New Money project partners will be launching a pre-sale token to help reach their short and long term goals.
This token is called SoLCerts. It is essentially a crypto-currency token that represents a future Sollar or 100 $ense today. The token has been created as a way to exchange future Sollars today in exchange for top crypto-currencies like Bitcoin, Ether, Bitshares and more.
The initial 14 days presale auction is handled on OpenLedger account name ccedk.escrow2 by the emerging escrow services offered by CCEDK ApS, the registrar of OpenLedger – the world’s first decentralized conglomerate.
They are being auctioned for less than Sollars’ exchange rate value to the Dollar. 100% of all funds raised from the SOLCERT auction will go towards promoting and achieving a successful new model for content creators to sell their work.
To learn more about the SolCertpresaleplease visit SollywoodTV’s bitcointalkthread at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1407719.0
To create an OpenLedgeraccount and participate in the crowdsale please go to: https://openledger.info
To read more about SollywoodTV and the New Money project please go to: https://medium.com/@sollarsandsense/new-money-can-this-really-be-the-final-nail-in-cable-tv-s-coffin-b8727d74e55a#.96s3tirzl
Watch the New Money explainer video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjqUQtuLUAk
Follow New Money on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/newmoney777/
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019