Solomon Adekale, filmmaker crypto-currency entrepreneur and founder of Sollywood TV and the New Money project, first recognised the Hollywood pricing problem when he was studying in film school:
“Back in film school, I realized the pricing nonsense of Hollywood didn’t actually start at the top, it started at the very bottom with us; student filmmakers. ‘From the very first day we start shelling out thousands of dollars for that education not once are we taught that our films are worth anything but the fee we have to pay to have them shown at someone else’s film festival. It should be worth something. And that’s sort of how it hit me…”
His answer was: a free market where any content creator or provider could sell their content at a price that viewers would be prepared to pay, whether that was $7.99 or $0.07 – or even way less. The platform would take a 10-20% fee, and the rest would go to the creator or provider. That’s unheard of in the industry.
The New Money project will be partnering with Cryptonomex, OpenLedger, ShareBits and the Muse project for the upcoming technical development. They are set to begin production on the video in April showing how New Money will challenge and disrupt Cable’s $200 billion business model.
As typical of most crypto-currency projects, Solomon and his New Money project partners will be launching a pre-sale token to help reach their short and long term goals.
This token is called SoLCerts. It is essentially a crypto-currency token that represents a future Sollar or 100 $ense today. The token has been created as a way to exchange future Sollars today in exchange for top crypto-currencies like Bitcoin, Ether, Bitshares and more.
The initial 14 days presale auction is handled on OpenLedger account name ccedk.escrow2 by the emerging escrow services offered by CCEDK ApS, the registrar of OpenLedger – the world’s first decentralized conglomerate.
They are being auctioned for less than Sollars’ exchange rate value to the Dollar. 100% of all funds raised from the SOLCERT auction will go towards promoting and achieving a successful new model for content creators to sell their work.
To learn more about the SolCertpresaleplease visit SollywoodTV’s bitcointalkthread at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1407719.0
To create an OpenLedgeraccount and participate in the crowdsale please go to: https://openledger.info
To read more about SollywoodTV and the New Money project please go to: https://medium.com/@sollarsandsense/new-money-can-this-really-be-the-final-nail-in-cable-tv-s-coffin-b8727d74e55a#.96s3tirzl
Watch the New Money explainer video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjqUQtuLUAk
Follow New Money on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/newmoney777/
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019