Political engagement startup PlaceAVote.com, has announced the launch of its secure, nonpartisan web and mobile platforms which gives users a place to read, debate, and securely vote on political issues.
Through secure technology built on Ethereum, PlaceAVote protects and verifies the identity and accuracy of each user and their information. The software is intended to create a real-time mechanism for the national population to interact with their politicians with the aim to encourage others to be better informed, have a stance and to make their voice heard.
By using PlaceAVote’s technology, voters will be encouraged to share their inner voices while overcoming national concerns to uncover the hidden workings of what drives political movements. This new social platform will create a more engaged network of politically engaged users.
Voters are increasingly facing a crisis of confidence when it comes to the political system. Today, only 19% of Americans say they trust the government always or most of the time, and when it comes to politicians, 55% of the public says that “ordinary Americans” would do a better job in solving national problems than elected officials . Consequently, average U.S. voter turnout trails most other developed countries . PlaceAVote’s goal is to make the democratic process more accessible by providing district voters an easy way to connect with their representatives and share their thoughts throughout the legislative process. Simultaneously, this gives elected officials the ability to vote along with their constituencies. Now, there’s a direct line to politicians, boosting American civic engagement and eliminating the “my vote doesn’t count” concern.
This transparent service gives PlaceAVote users a greater voice in national politics, allowing visibility into the latest bills, as well as the ability to instantly send feedback and messages to the representatives passing these bills. Congressmen, via PlaceAVote, now have a granular snapshot into their district’s views on all issues. In turn, these active voters can gain their own following, become subject matter experts and engage with public officials while publishing personal votes.
“Our platform is intended to help citizens improve the weight of their votes, and hopefully encourage them to be involved and turn out for Election Day,” states Luke Davis, Co-Founder of PlaceAVote. He adds, “PlaceAVote is the much-needed first step towards a better government that truly works for its people. Let’s use technology to prioritize the issues we care about and loudly communicate them to those we put in power as our delegates.”
PlaceAVote is a secure, nonpartisan forum that lets users read, debate, and vote on every bill before congress. Users are securely verified with results published onto a Blockchain-style voting platform, allowing real-time data-feeds and analytics for politicians, organizations and media looking to engage politically active users. PlaceAVote was founded in Los Angeles, California by Ben Colman and Luke Davis. For more information, please visit PlaceAVote.com.
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020