Political engagement startup PlaceAVote.com, has announced the launch of its secure, nonpartisan web and mobile platforms which gives users a place to read, debate, and securely vote on political issues.
Through secure technology built on Ethereum, PlaceAVote protects and verifies the identity and accuracy of each user and their information. The software is intended to create a real-time mechanism for the national population to interact with their politicians with the aim to encourage others to be better informed, have a stance and to make their voice heard.
By using PlaceAVote’s technology, voters will be encouraged to share their inner voices while overcoming national concerns to uncover the hidden workings of what drives political movements. This new social platform will create a more engaged network of politically engaged users.
Voters are increasingly facing a crisis of confidence when it comes to the political system. Today, only 19% of Americans say they trust the government always or most of the time, and when it comes to politicians, 55% of the public says that “ordinary Americans” would do a better job in solving national problems than elected officials . Consequently, average U.S. voter turnout trails most other developed countries . PlaceAVote’s goal is to make the democratic process more accessible by providing district voters an easy way to connect with their representatives and share their thoughts throughout the legislative process. Simultaneously, this gives elected officials the ability to vote along with their constituencies. Now, there’s a direct line to politicians, boosting American civic engagement and eliminating the “my vote doesn’t count” concern.
This transparent service gives PlaceAVote users a greater voice in national politics, allowing visibility into the latest bills, as well as the ability to instantly send feedback and messages to the representatives passing these bills. Congressmen, via PlaceAVote, now have a granular snapshot into their district’s views on all issues. In turn, these active voters can gain their own following, become subject matter experts and engage with public officials while publishing personal votes.
“Our platform is intended to help citizens improve the weight of their votes, and hopefully encourage them to be involved and turn out for Election Day,” states Luke Davis, Co-Founder of PlaceAVote. He adds, “PlaceAVote is the much-needed first step towards a better government that truly works for its people. Let’s use technology to prioritize the issues we care about and loudly communicate them to those we put in power as our delegates.”
PlaceAVote is a secure, nonpartisan forum that lets users read, debate, and vote on every bill before congress. Users are securely verified with results published onto a Blockchain-style voting platform, allowing real-time data-feeds and analytics for politicians, organizations and media looking to engage politically active users. PlaceAVote was founded in Los Angeles, California by Ben Colman and Luke Davis. For more information, please visit PlaceAVote.com.
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019