Blockchain startup Tierion has raised a $1 million seed round led by Blockchain Capital and Fenbushi Capital, with participation from Digital Currency Group. Tierion turns the Blockchain into a global platform for verifying the integrity of any data, file, or business process.
Tierion gives developers an API and tools for building applications that connect to the Blockchain – a worldwide network of computers that maintain a shared database. Once data is written to the Blockchain, it becomes part of a global permanent record that cannot be changed or deleted. The integrity of this data is secured by more computational power than the world’s top 1000 supercomputers combined.
“We’re thrilled with the creative uses we’ve seen for Tierion.” said Wayne Vaughan, Tierion’s CEO and Co-Founder. “At one end of the spectrum, one of the world’s largest healthcare companies is using Tierion to record the maintenance and usage history of industrial medical equipment. At the other end, we’re seeing a legal cannabis dispensary use Tierion to create immutable records of their inventory and transactions.”
At the heart of Tierion is scalable engine for cryptographically linking data to the Blockchain and generating Blockchain receipts. This process, called anchoring, enables millions of records to be connected to a single transaction on the Blockchain. Blockchain receipts can be shared with other systems and used to independently verify the integrity and authenticity of any file, data, or business process.
“Blockchain technology has tremendous potential beyond payments” said Bart Stephens, Managing Partner of Blockchain Capital. “Tierion’s platform gives any enterprise easy access to the Blockchain to verify any document or business process. This is a powerful tool for companies operating in a regulated environment like financial services, healthcare, insurance, or government services.”
“Tierion makes it easy for developers to integrate proof-of-existence and immutable records into existing applications. It’s an interesting approach that demonstrates the advantages of anchoring data to the Blockchain instead of storing data on the Blockchain.” said Vitalik Buterin, Ethereum founder and Partner at Fenbushi Capital.
Tierion and its partners have developed an open specification called Chainpoint for anchoring data to the Blockchain. Developers can use Tierion to build simple applications that notarize documents or more sophisticated applications that automate business processes and create an audit trail that can be verified using the Blockchain.
“We are excited to see the Tierion team leveraging the core innovation of Blockchain technology to secure data and ensure it cannot be tampered with.” said Barry Silbert, CEO of Digital Currency Group. “Their open protocol will enable those new to this technology to easily create data management tools to track the history of one of the most valuable assets of any organization – information.”
Companies are using Tierion to create applications in healthcare, insurance, financial services, and technology. Developers that want to learn more can visit http://Tierion.com and sign up for a free account.
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020