Blockchain startup Tierion has raised a $1 million seed round led by Blockchain Capital and Fenbushi Capital, with participation from Digital Currency Group. Tierion turns the Blockchain into a global platform for verifying the integrity of any data, file, or business process.
Tierion gives developers an API and tools for building applications that connect to the Blockchain – a worldwide network of computers that maintain a shared database. Once data is written to the Blockchain, it becomes part of a global permanent record that cannot be changed or deleted. The integrity of this data is secured by more computational power than the world’s top 1000 supercomputers combined.
“We’re thrilled with the creative uses we’ve seen for Tierion.” said Wayne Vaughan, Tierion’s CEO and Co-Founder. “At one end of the spectrum, one of the world’s largest healthcare companies is using Tierion to record the maintenance and usage history of industrial medical equipment. At the other end, we’re seeing a legal cannabis dispensary use Tierion to create immutable records of their inventory and transactions.”
At the heart of Tierion is scalable engine for cryptographically linking data to the Blockchain and generating Blockchain receipts. This process, called anchoring, enables millions of records to be connected to a single transaction on the Blockchain. Blockchain receipts can be shared with other systems and used to independently verify the integrity and authenticity of any file, data, or business process.
“Blockchain technology has tremendous potential beyond payments” said Bart Stephens, Managing Partner of Blockchain Capital. “Tierion’s platform gives any enterprise easy access to the Blockchain to verify any document or business process. This is a powerful tool for companies operating in a regulated environment like financial services, healthcare, insurance, or government services.”
“Tierion makes it easy for developers to integrate proof-of-existence and immutable records into existing applications. It’s an interesting approach that demonstrates the advantages of anchoring data to the Blockchain instead of storing data on the Blockchain.” said Vitalik Buterin, Ethereum founder and Partner at Fenbushi Capital.
Tierion and its partners have developed an open specification called Chainpoint for anchoring data to the Blockchain. Developers can use Tierion to build simple applications that notarize documents or more sophisticated applications that automate business processes and create an audit trail that can be verified using the Blockchain.
“We are excited to see the Tierion team leveraging the core innovation of Blockchain technology to secure data and ensure it cannot be tampered with.” said Barry Silbert, CEO of Digital Currency Group. “Their open protocol will enable those new to this technology to easily create data management tools to track the history of one of the most valuable assets of any organization – information.”
Companies are using Tierion to create applications in healthcare, insurance, financial services, and technology. Developers that want to learn more can visit http://Tierion.com and sign up for a free account.
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019
- Facebook Allegedly Seeking USD$1 Billion VC for Cryptocurrency Project - April 9, 2019
- China to Ban Bitcoin Mining? - April 9, 2019
- Over $440M Orders Purchased – Gate.io Announces Gatechain Token (GT) Point Sale and GT Reward Distribution Results - April 9, 2019
- Bgogo Apollo Plans to Sell Algorand IOUs in an IEO, Without Permission - April 9, 2019