Teambrella is the first peer-to-peer insurance service backed with Bitcoin and the creators say its users have exclusive control over every aspect of insurance: rules, premiums, claims and reimbursements making insurance fair and transparent.
In a recent whitepaper, the writers, Alex Paperno, Vlad Kravchuk and Eugene Porubaev, say that most insurance services are inefficient and non-transparent and they say they have designed a way to solve these issues by implementing a system that provides peer to peer insurance which Bitcoin Wallets play an integral part of the design.
We have proposed a system for peer to peer insurance. Users of the system can create or join teams, where each member is a peer. Each peer is both a provider and a consumer of the insurance service and each premium payment is, in fact, a part reimbursement of a claim. Peers collectively administer all functions of their team by voting. To make the voting process efficient we propose chainable proxy voting, with voters being compensated for their time. To enforce premium payments we introduced distributed Bitcoin wallets that prevent spending not sanctioned by other peers. Distributed wallets are not server controlled and can be transferred from if the server(s) is compromised.
With Teambrella, the users will have mutual control on most aspects of their insurance including risk evaluation and processing of payments and the mutual control is implemented via a voting mechanism that can be delegated to proxies. In order to ease the burden of payments between peers, they use Bitcoin as a mean of providing coverage and payment of reimbursements.
The framework for the P2P organization includes a decision-making layer and a payment layer. The payment layer is based on Bitcoin technology. The decisionmaking layer consists of a server(s) used as a medium for communication and voting.
Upon closing of voting the server(s) prepares a set of bitcoin transactions from team members’ distributed wallets to the claim submitter’s pay to address. Additional transactions may be created for compensations for voting.
You can see view and download whitepaper at Blockchain News Library along with over 200 other Blockchain whitepapers and reports from 2015-16 here.
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019