Teambrella is the first peer-to-peer insurance service backed with Bitcoin and the creators say its users have exclusive control over every aspect of insurance: rules, premiums, claims and reimbursements making insurance fair and transparent.
In a recent whitepaper, the writers, Alex Paperno, Vlad Kravchuk and Eugene Porubaev, say that most insurance services are inefficient and non-transparent and they say they have designed a way to solve these issues by implementing a system that provides peer to peer insurance which Bitcoin Wallets play an integral part of the design.
We have proposed a system for peer to peer insurance. Users of the system can create or join teams, where each member is a peer. Each peer is both a provider and a consumer of the insurance service and each premium payment is, in fact, a part reimbursement of a claim. Peers collectively administer all functions of their team by voting. To make the voting process efficient we propose chainable proxy voting, with voters being compensated for their time. To enforce premium payments we introduced distributed Bitcoin wallets that prevent spending not sanctioned by other peers. Distributed wallets are not server controlled and can be transferred from if the server(s) is compromised.
With Teambrella, the users will have mutual control on most aspects of their insurance including risk evaluation and processing of payments and the mutual control is implemented via a voting mechanism that can be delegated to proxies. In order to ease the burden of payments between peers, they use Bitcoin as a mean of providing coverage and payment of reimbursements.
The framework for the P2P organization includes a decision-making layer and a payment layer. The payment layer is based on Bitcoin technology. The decisionmaking layer consists of a server(s) used as a medium for communication and voting.
Upon closing of voting the server(s) prepares a set of bitcoin transactions from team members’ distributed wallets to the claim submitter’s pay to address. Additional transactions may be created for compensations for voting.
You can see view and download whitepaper at Blockchain News Library along with over 200 other Blockchain whitepapers and reports from 2015-16 here.
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019