London, England’s Z/Yen Group has recently announced that Blem Information Management Ltd’s XLRAS reinsurance administration system now uses Z/Yen’s MetroGnomo timestamping and document retrieval system to increase trust in reinsurance records.
“The ChainZy offering is elegant and simpler to implement than many of the other technologies we are working with in this space. I am sure our clients will find this seamless adoption of distributed ledger capabilComments 0ity to be comforting and useful early steps into the blockchain era,” said Gavin Blem, Managing Director of Blem Information Management.
With MetroGnomo XLRAS timestamps and hashes information supporting reinsurers’ debt calculation onto a transparent authoritative immutable ledger. This generates proof that given pieces of information existed at a given time.
Professor Michael Mainelli, Executive Chairman of Z/Yen, added:
“2016 has been the year we’ve moved from proof-of-concept projects for mutual distributed ledgers to working systems. XLRAS is the second insurance offering to use Z/Yen’s ChainZy technology. We look forward to several more announcements of applications for blockchain technology in wholesale insurance.”
This XLRAS development enhances contract and transactional certainty across XLRAS’s scope of reinsurance recovery administration. XLRAS clients will henceforth be able to provide permanent blockchain evidence for any XLRAS data or output they choose.
One of several use cases is the automatic time stamping of each reinsurance collection produced by XLRAS, evidencing them in an encrypted form in perpetuity. Blem’s R&D with blockchain is ongoing with other solutions in the pipeline.
MetroGnomo uses Z/Yen’s ChainZy woven broadcast technology to cast the ledger in multiple locations. The States of Alderney believes its support for MetroGnomo lends assurance to this initiative, while enabling an evaluation of the potential in the technology and possible future common standards of service. Alderney is overseeing MetroGnomo’s integrity until 2021.
Z/Yen is the City of London’s leading commercial think-tank. Z/Yen was founded in 1994 to promote societal advance through better finance and technology. Z/Yen has built its practice around a core of high-powered project managers, supported by experienced technical specialists so that clients get expertise they need, rather than just resources available. The firm is headquartered in London, but Z/Yen is committed to the ‘virtual office’ concept and is an intense user of technology in order to improve flexibility and benefit staff. Z/Yen has 25 full-time-equivalent staff and over 300 associate experts. Z/Yen people share significantly in the benefits of success and Z/Yen seeks to develop a supportive environment in which professionals from a variety of disciplines can flourish.
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019