London, England’s Z/Yen Group has recently announced that Blem Information Management Ltd’s XLRAS reinsurance administration system now uses Z/Yen’s MetroGnomo timestamping and document retrieval system to increase trust in reinsurance records.
“The ChainZy offering is elegant and simpler to implement than many of the other technologies we are working with in this space. I am sure our clients will find this seamless adoption of distributed ledger capabilComments 0ity to be comforting and useful early steps into the blockchain era,” said Gavin Blem, Managing Director of Blem Information Management.
With MetroGnomo XLRAS timestamps and hashes information supporting reinsurers’ debt calculation onto a transparent authoritative immutable ledger. This generates proof that given pieces of information existed at a given time.
Professor Michael Mainelli, Executive Chairman of Z/Yen, added:
“2016 has been the year we’ve moved from proof-of-concept projects for mutual distributed ledgers to working systems. XLRAS is the second insurance offering to use Z/Yen’s ChainZy technology. We look forward to several more announcements of applications for blockchain technology in wholesale insurance.”
This XLRAS development enhances contract and transactional certainty across XLRAS’s scope of reinsurance recovery administration. XLRAS clients will henceforth be able to provide permanent blockchain evidence for any XLRAS data or output they choose.
One of several use cases is the automatic time stamping of each reinsurance collection produced by XLRAS, evidencing them in an encrypted form in perpetuity. Blem’s R&D with blockchain is ongoing with other solutions in the pipeline.
MetroGnomo uses Z/Yen’s ChainZy woven broadcast technology to cast the ledger in multiple locations. The States of Alderney believes its support for MetroGnomo lends assurance to this initiative, while enabling an evaluation of the potential in the technology and possible future common standards of service. Alderney is overseeing MetroGnomo’s integrity until 2021.
Z/Yen is the City of London’s leading commercial think-tank. Z/Yen was founded in 1994 to promote societal advance through better finance and technology. Z/Yen has built its practice around a core of high-powered project managers, supported by experienced technical specialists so that clients get expertise they need, rather than just resources available. The firm is headquartered in London, but Z/Yen is committed to the ‘virtual office’ concept and is an intense user of technology in order to improve flexibility and benefit staff. Z/Yen has 25 full-time-equivalent staff and over 300 associate experts. Z/Yen people share significantly in the benefits of success and Z/Yen seeks to develop a supportive environment in which professionals from a variety of disciplines can flourish.
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020
- Swiss company Overfuture To Offer Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding (Security Token Offering) - January 29, 2020