String Labs out of Hong Kong has announced a Grants Program for open chain finance projects to further support community initiatives for between $2,000 to $10,000 per project. In addition, if it’s directly related to their autonomous finance DAO (mirror asset / credit system), future DAO tokens would be considered.
Open chain (a.k.a public Blockchain) finance are crucial to unleashing the power of Blockchain via true disintermediation. Unlike private or federated chains that mostly optimize for financial incumbents, open chain finance directly help end users around the world to send value, invest or borrow via smart contracts or DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organizations), including anyone in the 2.5 billion un/underbanked who has a $4 smartphone. This will further inspire a new wave of smart contract developers to re-imagine finance.
Guidelines / Criterias
- Open source under MIT or similar licenses, and designed to run onEthereum public chain.
- Clear deliverables for next 6-12 months. Strong plus for projects with existing code or research paper.
- The grant will not take any equity or commercial interest in your project.
- Good examples of proposals we’re interested in: Financial exchange clients, mobile wallet, peer-to-peer DApp store, innovative financial protocols, etc.
- We have a nice office space in Mountain View, California (Silicon Valley) that we encourage grant winners to utilize/co-work with our team with rent covered, but also open to any international applicants.
First batch of grants deadline will be Jun 31st, 2016. Each grant will be reviewed and awarded on a rolling basis.
What should a proposal describe?
- The project’s goal, scope and how it is better than a centralized financial application equivalent (if exists)
- Team member’s relevant coding, research experiences and Github repo
- The amount of funding requested ($2k — $10k)
- Communication channels on updates
Submit your proposal
- Block Lattice Architecture Or Blockchain? DLT or DAG? Europeans Rally on GDPR-Compliant, Open Source, Cross-Border Framework for Phone Application Development - April 9, 2020
- Canadian Blockchain-Energised Company VitalHub Announces Deployment of COVID-19 Electronic Screening Tool for Long Term Care - April 8, 2020
- Blockchain Powered Immuno-Oncology Company Mateon Claims Anti-Malarial Drug Called Artemisinin, Derived from Asian Medicine Can Help Fight Covid-19 - April 8, 2020
- Auto Manufacturer Tesla To Use Blockchain Technology to Speed Up Shipping Supply Chain - April 8, 2020
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020